If you were offered £1 billion would you... Watch

Poll: If you were offered £1 billion, would you cheat on your other half?
Yes (45)
68.18%
No (21)
31.82%
CameraGirl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
If you were offered £1 billion, would you cheat on your other half?

(If you don't currently have a partner, just imagine yourself in the situation)

Define cheating as all of the following:

a) a romantic date followed by...
b) ...kissing, and...
c) ...sex, and everything that comes with it.

Not skipping around like people always do on these threads. Say:

a) you've been in a relationship with them for a significant amount of time. Say 18 months +
b) you love them, unconditionally.
c) you'd have to suffer the consequences of your decision each way. (and your partner would know the situation)
d) you can see yourself being with them for a long time to come, possibly your whole life

I was having this debate with my boyfriend earlier.
So...would you do it?
Give reasons if you want.

Those of you who say yes, what's the minimum amount you would cheat for?
ali242
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
yup
beat and delete
then go back to your love with the billion
Eloades11
  • Study Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yes, because I have no other half
Kareir
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by CameraGirl)
If you were offered £1 billion, would you cheat on your other half?

Define cheating as all of the following:

a) a romantic date followed by...
b) ...kissing, and...
c) ...sex, and everything that comes with it.

Not skipping around like people always do on these threads. Say:

a) you've been in a relationship with them for a significant amount of time. Say 18 months +
b) you love them, unconditionally.
c) you'd have to suffer the consequences of your decision each way.
d) you can see yourself being with them for a long time to come, possibly your whole life

I was having this debate with my boyfriend earlier.
So...would you do it?
Give reasons if you want.
Yeah, I wouldn't enjoy it, and neither would my Gee Eff, But at least she'd get like 100 million out of it.

_Kar.
Tyrannosaurus Cal
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
For a billion pounds? I'm pretty sure my other half wouldn't mind, when I buy her a platinum pony to make up for it.
MilkyC
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
For a billion I'd film me shagging the girl's brains out and post it on my partner's fb wall.
MancStudent098
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm pretty sure that for 500m quid my girlfriend would set me up with a partner....
Xhotas
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You can't love someone unconditionally if you're willing to cheat on them for something to gain.

I love my other half unconditionally, so I'd have to say no. Love is more important to me than money, it's never been a huge part of my life. I'd happily take having a happy life with someone who I've finally met who I can connect with in so many ways, than £1billion who I'd probably just sleep with women who're after my money.
CameraGirl
Rep:
?
(Original post by ali242)
yup
beat and delete
then go back to your love with the billion
how could you be sure she/he'd take you back?
would she/he still love you knowing you'd cheated on her/him, your life partner?
how do you know she/he would use or take or share any of the money knowing how you got it?
MilkyC
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Xhotas)
You can't love someone unconditionally if you're willing to cheat on them for something to gain.

I love my other half unconditionally, so I'd have to say no. Love is more important to me than money, it's never been a huge part of my life. I'd happily take having a happy life with someone who I've finally met who I can connect with in so many ways, than £1billion who I'd probably just sleep with women who're after my money.
Aww that's so.....gay
ali242
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by CameraGirl)
how could you be sure she/he'd take you back?
would she/he still love you knowing you'd cheated on her/him, your life partner?
how do you know she/he would use or take or share any of the money knowing how you got it?
she would know im doing it for the money? and she would know ill probz spend a lot on her :mad:
magnum.opus
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by MilkyC)
Aww that's so.....gay
-neg
CameraGirl
Rep:
?
(Original post by Xhotas)

this was my argument. even for that sum of money i couldn't do it, i could not sleep, even kiss, another man when i unconditionally love the person i'm with and want to spend my life with them. especially if they're your "first" and "only" too. I'd rather have a career and work hard the rest of my life and not be rich, but have the person I loved with me. I'd want my partner to feel the same too haha.
Walter Ego
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
For a billion, Elton John and David Furnish could spit-roast me on live prime-time TV. Hell, I'd do it for £2m ! The missuse would fully support me in this.
Unbiased Opinion
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hell yes, £1 billion could make so much of a difference... on a personal and charitable level. I wouldn't want be with someone who would be surprised that I'd cheat on them for a billion pounds, to be honest.
Hiya123321
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yep. As long as she doesn't find out. But, then again, I've never been in a long term serious relationship - only short mess-about ones.
King Leonidas
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Nowhere near enough, make it a gazillion and you've sealed yourself a deal
ShadowConspiracy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Damm ****ing right I'd cheat, Hell I'd even do it for a million.
Intensity
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Uh yes!? And I would hope that he would do the same.
*Lizzi*
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Hiya123321)
Yep. As long as she doesn't find out. But, then again, I've never been in a long term serious relationship - only short mess-about ones.
Where would you tell her the money came from?? I think it's safe to say she'd find out if you're a billionaire overnight
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (145)
38.26%
No - but I will (21)
5.54%
No - I don't want to (28)
7.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (185)
48.81%

Watched Threads