?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago

So I made this...
member520746
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Such a beautiful piece of art that I had to wipe away a tear.
zjs
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Given the title, I'm certain the video constitutes a balanced account of the party with well-grounded opinions.
pol pot noodles
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Give this person a medal, ney, a knighthood, ney, a peerage. Hell you can have all three.
Gromit94
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Can I add to your debate that the Liberal Democrats are in the minority in the coalition so were not going to get everything that they wanted. They could not have gone into a coalition with Labour, as they would have only have a 1 seat majority, so to ensure the British political system did not collapse they HAD to join with the Conservatives. Furthermore the Liberal Democrats have brought in things a Conservative government WOULD NEVER NORMALLY DO!! Such as the changes the pensions scheme.

If this is your honest opinion, well then fair enough, but please don't be blinkered by what the media is telling you. The media tells us what we want to hear, and very rarely gives actual good news.
username537845
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Auchtermuchty)

So I made this...
You've got an extremely rapey voice. Also, weren't those flyers for the Scottish elections? You know, the ones that have nothing to do with Westminster and their policies, and that could even lead to a Lib Dem-Labour coalition up there (very doubtful, though)?
Nah, you're probably not a ****.
Philosoraptor
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ok.... good for you?
MathematicsKiller
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
"Justice is done".

LOL.
Jesse_Mac
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Gromit94)
They could not have gone into a coalition with Labour, as they would have only have a 1 seat majority
Actually a LibLab coalition wouldn't even have had a majority.

Con - 306
Lab - 258
Lib - 57

So LibLab would be 315, and 326 were needed for a majority.
Auchtermuchty
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Gromit94)
Can I add to your debate that the Liberal Democrats are in the minority in the coalition so were not going to get everything that they wanted. They could not have gone into a coalition with Labour, as they would have only have a 1 seat majority, so to ensure the British political system did not collapse they HAD to join with the Conservatives. Furthermore the Liberal Democrats have brought in things a Conservative government WOULD NEVER NORMALLY DO!! Such as the changes the pensions scheme.

If this is your honest opinion, well then fair enough, but please don't be blinkered by what the media is telling you. The media tells us what we want to hear, and very rarely gives actual good news.
I certainly wasn't having a debate... I was stating my opinion Yeah I'm well aware of the achievements of the Lib Dems both in Westminster and Scotland.

(Original post by vandub)
You've got an extremely rapey voice. Also, weren't those flyers for the Scottish elections? You know, the ones that have nothing to do with Westminster and their policies, and that could even lead to a Lib Dem-Labour coalition up there (very doubtful, though)?
Nah, you're probably not a ****.
Cheers for the voice comment... I've clearly got a career as a rape reconstruction voice over man on Crimewatch. I am aware that this is for the Scottish election hence my comment at the end of the video.
LiamTheKook
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Gromit94
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Auchtermuchty)
I certainly wasn't having a debate... I was stating my opinion Yeah I'm well aware of the achievements of the Lib Dems both in Westminster and Scotland.
Just thought there should be another point of view here
Aspiring Medic 201
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The Liberal Democrats are finished, although what the Conservatives are proposing to do to the NHS is nothing short of scandalous.
Gromit94
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The Lib Dems are not "finished". They still have huge support in my constituency.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.29%
No - but I will (77)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.02%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (486)
48.07%

Watched Threads