Inside Michael Bay: examining the director's thoughts Watch

zjs
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Lucky Michael Bay enthusiasts are being given a chance to enter the mind of the 'visionary' director and filmographer with this "inside Michael Bay's" head guide to how the 'great' man maps out his films with the skill, dedication and originality we've come to expect from him.

Over to the man himself:

The script

"This film could be described as a touching, tender, coming-of-age drama set in 1950s America. The film follows young Johnny Texas as he makes his way across the Midwest with his beat-up old car; in search of his long-lost-love...

With just a few tweaks, Michael Bay turns this script into a gripping plotline for a thoroughly original film. The script, as edited by Michael Bay:

"This film could be described as a touching, tender, coming-of-age drama set in 1950s America. The film follows young Johnny Texas McBadass as he makes his way across the Midwest with his beat-up old chromed-out, suped-upcar; in search of his long-lost-love some enormous robots that cause fights...

The filmography

Bay's been criticised for his disposition towards sweeping crane shots and gratuitious SFX. But that's not fair: the special effects really advance the plot. Take Transformers: the special effects really enhance the clever, original, plotline. Nothing helps us empathise with movie characters more than cars-and-various-forms-of-transport-that-change-into-giant-robot-things. The tender storytelling is truly advanced by the well-crafted and subtle explosions.

Likewise, the focus on scantily-clad buxom female characters makes his films ones to remember. Nothing creates a film that should be justly lauded quite so much as the complex, deep, female leads that Bay casts. They truly drive the plotline forward.

Spoiler:
Show
Please note the *slight* tone of sarcasm and irony
member520746
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by zjs)
Michael Bay enthusiasts
I just threw up.
zjs
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by JCC-MGS)
I just threw up.
Did you read beyond that; the spoiler in particular?
member520746
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah, but seeing the phrase reminded me despite the irony that somehow, somewhere, there is someone that rates Michael Bay.
Killer Bean
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Michael Bay has thoughts? :confused:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (315)
37.77%
No - but I will (64)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.43%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (393)
47.12%

Watched Threads