The Student Room Group

OCR Biology

How is the A* awarded?

Do you have to gain 480 UMS overall with 90% overall in A2? or in all 3 A2 Units including the practical?
(edited 12 years ago)
no idea. everyone seems to be giving different answers. to be safe i'm attempting 90% in each module but i'm not even sure if the 90% refers to UMS or raw score marks. :s-smilie:
Reply 2
As I understand it, you need an A average at AS, and 90% average ums at A2. I doubt that it's done on raw score- because surely then, if it was a hard paper (like June last year, I think, where you needed 65/100 raw to get 120/150ums), it'd lead to very few people getting the A*.

Since the A* is supposed to distinguish the very top A candidates, it'd be daft not to give it anyone because of one bad paper! :tongue: Something else to factor in is the ISA- 90% in that thing? Urk.
Original post by alexss
As I understand it, you need an A average at AS, and 90% average ums at A2. I doubt that it's done on raw score- because surely then, if it was a hard paper (like June last year, I think, where you needed 65/100 raw to get 120/150ums), it'd lead to very few people getting the A*.

Since the A* is supposed to distinguish the very top A candidates, it'd be daft not to give it anyone because of one bad paper! :tongue: Something else to factor in is the ISA- 90% in that thing? Urk.

huh?
Reply 4
Original post by The Smeezington
huh?

A at AS level.
90% ums at A2.

That's how I understand the OCR website.
Reply 5
I am 100% sure this is how the A* grade is awarded at A2.

You need:
80% overall for the entire A Level (meaning you need 480/600 UMS overall)
90% overall at A2 (meaning you need to achieve 270/300 UMS available at A2)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending