Gap year? Cap Year? Watch

George_m
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
As many of you are currently aware the cap is to be risen next year to £9k , I have been told by my sixth form university adviser that if accept my offers this year then there will be the fixed fee of £3k throughout the full 3 years.

My question is if i'm able to take a gap year and still maintain the £3k p/y fee? Am I able to apply to an offer for next year, re-apply next year with my current grades?

Please excuse my ignorance , I have left it all to late to start looking into this.

Thankyou
George
PatrickC
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No i'm 99% sure that this year is the last year the fees will be £3k for each year at uni and any courses starting from 2012 onwards will be 9k a year. So no you cannot take a gapyear and still get the 3k fees
George_m
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Thanks for the prompt reply, has anybody got any information on this remaining 1% :P ?
PatrickC
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Change my mind. 100% percent sure. A friend is taking a gap year, has deferred her entry to oxford and is paying the 9K a year
oxymoronic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just to confirm, the above is correct.

If you start a course this year, you will pay the ~£3300 fees each year. If you start in 2012, you will pay the new fees regardless of whether it was a deferred offer from this years application cycle or a straight one from next year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (228)
39.31%
No - but I will (40)
6.9%
No - I don't want to (41)
7.07%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (271)
46.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise