Taxi from Palma to Magaluf Watch

Jessibear
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Me and 9 friends are going on holiday to Magaluf at the end of June this year. We booked flights through jet2.com and the accommodation through Thompson, though, so we can't get transfers to and from the hotel. Luckily we're not flying at awkward times so it shouldn't be too much of an issue but I was wondering if anyone knows roughly how expensive a taxi is between Palma airport and Magaluf itself or any other means of transport we could use?
bestofyou
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jessibear)
Me and 9 friends are going on holiday to Magaluf at the end of June this year. We booked flights through jet2.com and the accommodation through Thompson, though, so we can't get transfers to and from the hotel. Luckily we're not flying at awkward times so it shouldn't be too much of an issue but I was wondering if anyone knows roughly how expensive a taxi is between Palma airport and Magaluf itself or any other means of transport we could use?
When you get out the front door of the airport, there will be a huge line of taxis. I think that I paid maybe 60, or 90 euro (there were 3 of us in the taxi and can't recall if it was 20 or 30 each) we never haggled the price though, so maybe give that a try. We went to Santa Ponsa, but it will be a similar price. They really rip you off the *******s, alot use a meter, so could be difficult to haggle.
jonski
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Google palma to magaluf/transfers and see if can book private ones in advance which will be a lot cheaper than an airport taxi
bestofyou
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jonski)
Google palma to magaluf/transfers and see if can book private ones in advance which will be a lot cheaper than an airport taxi
Yeah this...

At least you can fix a price
Walter Ego
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by bestofyou)
I paid maybe 60, or 90 euro
You could hire a car for a fortnight for £230 or so. Use it from and back to the airport, as well as the convenience and luxury of it being there whenever you choose throughout. Not much more money, but so much more benefit.
bestofyou
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Walter Ego)
You could hire a car for a fortnight for £230 or so. Use it from and back to the airport, as well as the convenience and luxury of it being there whenever you choose throughout. Not much more money, but so much more benefit.
Never actually thought of that. But usually you need to be at least 21, alot of the time 25. Max age was 19, and I would want a car when 10 17/19 yr olds are running wild, enough crazy stuff happened with out a car getting roped in.haha
hannahdaisy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
We've sometimes jumped in taxis and it hasn't been stupidly expensive or anything, but I'd just recommend getting a transfer like was already mentioned. We've got really good prices in the past.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (141)
38.42%
No - but I will (21)
5.72%
No - I don't want to (26)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (179)
48.77%

Watched Threads