Could you be in a relationship with someone you didn't find 100% attractive? Watch

Joe Weavurrr
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
In all honesty, as much as you love someone, could you be in a relationship with someone that you didn't find 100% attractive.

Now, before I get a crap tonne of replies like "OMG YOUR SO SHALLOW"
I don't at all think that you can't! I'm just curious as to peoples opinions after a conversation I had with a friend earlier.

What i mean is, you're with someone and you get along perfectly, but lets say, their body is 100% not what you find attractive but their face is.

Would that be enough to make you like |: ?

Again, not being shallow. We all know looks do matter at the end of the day.
Kingpin101
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Of course, are you slightly deluded? No woman I have ever dated has been totally my perfect woman. But when you care about a woman you can easily over look those flaws. But I couldnt date a woman I didn't find attractive.
hxecute
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Short answer? Yes.
Anonymous #1
Report 7 years ago
I knew my ex wasn't good looking.
We met, we got on so well, he flirted, I liked it, I began to think he was pretty cute, and it went from there.
We were together for almost 2 years.
Yeah there was some attraction, but I still knew that he wasn't good looking to anyone else.
Still loved him though.

But after my latest boyfriend, who was the most gorgeous thing to ever walk the planet and I don't think I'll ever find anyone as hot as him again, I think my standards have highered.
King Leonidas
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Depends on what you class as being 100% tbh.

Anywho, who loves Orange Sodaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:awesome:

I DO, I DO, I DO, I DO HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

I turn into a troll after 2am
Xhotas
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I hope my girlfriend can, or I'm ****ed.
Kazbian
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah. I just become attracted to the person, rather than just their looks. A good personality (especially a good sense of humour) can actually make someone more good-looking to me, and therefore attract me to them. That is what happened with my current relationship.
-honeybee-
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Of course. Noone is ever going to be your 'perfect' (wo)man but when you are with them they are perfect to you. For most people attraction is about more than looks.
Unwavering
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It probably wouldn't last too long.
Lexi99
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yep, i went out with a guy for a while who wasn't the best looking but because i liked him so much i just looked past it. Now we're not together and im over him i do kinda look back and think yea if i didnt like him so much i may not have looked twice.

So short answer: yes
member520746
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hence why I only hit on blind girls.
idontthinkso
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No.
I need to be attracted to someone to be interested to get to know her personality. So if I don't feel attracted I will never even consider a relationship.
I don't care about extraordinary good looks but enough to make me feel attracted.
ilovelife1234
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Of course, no ones perfect...
dmz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've never found someone 100% attractive tbh
DiCi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
This is the correct way to a relationship already. based upon experience and research women will judge looks, of course its human nature but then after re-asses you on personality. Generally. looks aren't everything.
rawwwwr!
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Of course. Everyone has their imperfections but meh nobody's perfect.
TurkeyProphet
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Replacing 100% attractive with attractive. Then yes. I only ever get ugly girls. But hey, I'm pretty ugly myself. So who am I to complain?
Cicerao
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've only ever had a crush on 2 people in my life...
AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yes.

1st girlfriend : extremely pretty but ended up being a very horrible person who I found out was false in terms of personality

2nd girlfriend : not as pretty as the 1st but her personality was a million times better which mattered more to me.

What I learnt : Get into relationships with girls who have nice personalities and not because they just look hot.
Blueflare
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What does 100% attractive mean. Everyone has imperfections, it's no big deal.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (564)
37.65%
No - but I will (117)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (108)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (709)
47.33%

Watched Threads