The Student Room Group

Could you be in a relationship with someone you didn't find 100% attractive?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
You have to be at least slightly attracted to them.

There was one guy, who we'll call Dan (because that's his name) who was interested in me for a bit last year, and he had a really nice personality and whatnot. We'd only ever spoken online (but we live in the same city and met through friends, DON'T JUDGE ME) and when I met him, in my mind I was just like:hmmm:

He asked me out, all that shabazz, but I couldn't say yes because I couldn't be with someone who I found so unnattractive.

Glad I refused him aswell, else I'd never have met my current boyf. Although he's by no means Adonis (he looks rather like Nicolas Cage) I'm attracted to him and feel more comfortable in the relationship.
Relationship: No

**** buddy: Yes
Nobody is "100% attractive". Not even me. They have to be above average in looks terms though. In my opinion, obviously.
Yeah, if you find someone mentally attractive, they become physically attractive (at least that's happened to me before)
Original post by magnum.opus
Yeah, if you find someone mentally attractive, they become physically attractive (at least that's happened to me before)

Yes me too. You can't base a relationship on looks alone.
Original post by JCC-MGS
Hence why I only hit on blind girls.

Please rate some other members before rating this member again. FML
Reply 26
Yes.
Of course, you can't really help who you fall in love with. When you like/LOVE someone, in your eyes they are perfect even if they are not to the eyes of the others.
Well, I think people are misinterpreting "attractive" here.

Being 100% beautiful/pretty etc: People who don't date anyone who isn't 100 percent are deluded

Being 100% attracted to someone: I can see why you wouldn't do that. Personality and someone's physique are both part of their attractiveness really, and if someone has some things in their looks that are really unattractive/put off of to you, I can see why you wouldn't be able to have a relationship with such a person, because it means you aren't a 100 percent interested in them. Otherwise you wouldn't really notice it as something offputting.
(edited 12 years ago)
attractiveness is to get attract only but to be in relationship this might be the criteria but not only attractiveness is looked his/her over all personality is look.
Reply 30
Original post by kristinaalovesu
Of course, you can't really help who you fall in love with. When you like/LOVE someone, in your eyes they are perfect even if they are not to the eyes of the others.

Agreed. :smile:
Yes. I'm currently infatuated with somebody who I would normally say wasn't very attractive...skinny body, big nose, not all that in either the face or body department...but because I'm crazy about his personality his not-so-awesome looks are suddenly incredibly attractive to me :smile:
No. I couldn't be in a relationship with someone I didn't find 100% interesting either.
Well I think my brain normally tricks me. Sometimes when I find a guy who I'm not necessarily completely attracted to,but has an amazing personality,I tend to end up thinking he is super sexy after spending some time with him :biggrin:
Reply 34
of course. very few people are 100% attracted to their partner physically.
no.

the guy should be 100% attractive to me, but his appearenc is influenced by is behaviour, so attractivness and personality are somehow connected.
And I promised myself, the next guy I'll be going out with has to be 100% attractive to me.
I will not do a compromise again, I wan't the guy of whom I think: I want you!
not : I could get along with this.
(edited 12 years ago)
yes of course
Reply 37
I don't think I wrote the first post very well.
By not 100% attractive I mean has parts of them that you are actually unattracted too. That put you off them? In the least harsh/shallow way.
Reply 38
I did and it didn't work too well. We lasted for 5 days.

Felt sorry for her though. So now, we are just friends.
What the hell is "100% attractive" supposed to mean? Someone with perfect looks? Someone who I find attractive enough 100% of the time? Someone who I find 100% of their physical attributes attractive enough?

I couldn't possibly answer something so vague and meaningless. :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending