Gym Watch

Kimmeh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm booking my Gym induction on Monday, and getting myself a Gym Membership.

I wont say how much I weigh. Do you think losing 3 stone by August is a realistic goal, or should I bring it down to two stone?

I'm going alone and I'm nervous as hell. The Gym is only a 20 minute walk, and I intend on going 3/4 times a week.
sil3nt_cha0s
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Kimmeh)

I wont say how much I weigh. Do you think losing 3 stone by August is a realistic goal, or should I bring it down to two stone?

I'm going alone and I'm nervous as hell. The Gym is only a 20 minute walk, and I intend on going 3/4 times a week.
I'm not sure because I've never had to lose weight myself. 3 stone is too unrealistic in 3 months. I would say 2 stone is more realistic. But if you're replacing fat with some muscle, the weight loss will be less.
baffled_mathman
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Yes, it is. If you have it to lose, realistically! I went from 16stone to 12stone in 2 months over 5 years ago. I now weigh 12.5stone and contend that the extra half stone is muscle!

Oh, and please don't be "nervous as hell"...you won't stick out or be stared at like some women think they will!
Kimmeh
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by baffled_mathman)
Yes, it is. If you have it to lose, realistically! I went from 16stone to 12stone in 2 months over 5 years ago. I now weigh 12.5stone and contend that the extra half stone is muscle!

Oh, and please don't be "nervous as hell"...you won't stick out or be stared at like some women think they will!
Thank you, that's made me more hopeful.
catjaum
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

well it depends
losing 3 stones when you weigh 5 stones, now that would be difficult even for a pro

losing 3 stones when you weigh 20 stones....meh dats simple (just healthy food could do it in 3 months)

basically u shudnt be dat disgusted by your weight that you are not confident to tell random strangers over the net.......
baffled_mathman
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thank you, that's made me more hopeful.
That's good, keep me posted ;-)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (207)
40.19%
No - but I will (31)
6.02%
No - I don't want to (35)
6.8%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (242)
46.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise