What is this Watch

Skill
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
annoying thing on my hand/fingers. Fingers to be precise. It's raised swelling on the skin of the fingers, and when closely looked at it can be seen as a cluster of small raised spots. It feels irritated, rather than itchy but I need to scratch it to ease the discomfort. What is this damn thing? I've had it for a good 1/2 weeks.
DarkWhite
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Skill)
annoying thing on my hand/fingers. Fingers to be precise. It's raised swelling on the skin of the fingers, and when closely looked at it can be seen as a cluster of small raised spots. It feels irritated, rather than itchy but I need to scratch it to ease the discomfort. What is this damn thing? I've had it for a good 1/2 weeks.
Hmm a photo would be useful. It just sounds like an abrasion or bad reaction to something otherwise.
Jellybean91
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A picture would be useful but from your description it sounds like it might be a wart!
NS17
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Jizz allergy.
supernova92
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Skill)
Is it like this? It's a verruca
Spoiler:
Show
Nicki.B
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ask a doctor.. my guess is no one on here (unless of course they're going through a Medic course or have the same problem) will have any idea of what's up..
Skill
Rep:
?
No it's not a verucca like that supernova. It's a lot less pronounced than that. Many more tiny spots.

I might put a pic up later. I've had it before many times so maybe I have some sort of skin disease, I don't know.

Edit: Don't think it's a wart either because it's loads of little spots spread across numerous fingers on both hands .. if it's a wart I've got tons of them! So it's not.
Jellybean91
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Skill)

Edit: Don't think it's a wart either because it's loads of little spots spread across numerous fingers on both hands .. if it's a wart I've got tons of them! So it's not.
Warts are extremely contagious! they spread pretty fast so it is possible but if you don't think its that go see your doctor!
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Skill)
No it's not a verucca like that supernova. It's a lot less pronounced than that. Many more tiny spots.

I might put a pic up later. I've had it before many times so maybe I have some sort of skin disease, I don't know.

Sounds like an allergic reaction rash to me.

I get what I think you're describing on my hands and fingers if I do the washing up without gloves (best excuse in the world to get out of washing up )
steve collins
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
seriasis? probably spelt wrong... but google it ;D
Skill
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sabertooth)
Sounds like an allergic reaction rash to me.

I get what I think you're describing on my hands and fingers if I do the washing up without gloves (best excuse in the world to get out of washing up )
Yes you know that reaction after washing up? It' pretty much like that. The fingers swell up a bit.

I still don't think it's a wart as I had a couple of warts before and they're nothing like what is on my fingers. Plus, these things on my fingers eventually disappear before coming back so it's not permanent. Saying that I've had it for about 3 weeks now.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Skill)
Yes you know that reaction after washing up? It' pretty much like that. The fingers swell up a bit.

I still don't think it's a wart as I had a couple of warts before and they're nothing like what is on my fingers. Plus, these things on my fingers eventually disappear before coming back so it's not permanent. Saying that I've had it for about 3 weeks now.
Are you doing anything with your hands that might give an allergic reaction? new soap, new washing up liquid etc? That might be why you've had it for 3 weeks because you keep renewing the reaction by continued use of whatever it is. You could try wearing gloves to do washing up and see if that helps. Or try avoiding chemicals other than mild soap on your hands.
i'm cool yeah?
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
AIDS
Blueflare
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm pretty sure I know what you are talking about because I get the same thing! No idea what it's called or what causes it though. :p:
When I get it it goes away on its own after a while, so I've never been to worried about it. It's definitely never turned into verrucas or warts.
Skill
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sabertooth)
Are you doing anything with your hands that might give an allergic reaction? new soap, new washing up liquid etc? That might be why you've had it for 3 weeks because you keep renewing the reaction by continued use of whatever it is. You could try wearing gloves to do washing up and see if that helps. Or try avoiding chemicals other than mild soap on your hands.
Don't think I've been doing anything different to usual.
nettles
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Skill)
To me it sounds very much like the early stages of a wart, but can't tell without a pic. Check with your GP, they will tell you for sure.

To treat a wart, if you don't fancy cryotherapy (having it frozen with liquid nitrogen in two or more treatments) you can treat it yourself by occludingwith duct tape, or even electrical tape. Cover it with a strip but don't bind it so tightly that it will cut off circulation in your fingers. Leave it on for 6.5 days, even through showering - if it comes off, replace it with a new one straight away. After 6.5 days, leave it to breathe for 12 hrs then repeat, after debrading dead warty skin with a pumice stone.

Most warts will be gone within two weeks of this, if not gone within two months it is not likely to. Of course if it makes your finger painful, discontinue it.

This is not a substitute for proper medical advice, although your GP may recommend occlusion therapy as well.
bethalex
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
could be eczema although without seeing a pic i don't know, try not scratching it for a bit maybe and see if it gets better, maybe try a cream like sudocrem or e24
Skill
Rep:
?
Ye I have a feeling it might be eczema or psoriasis but again noit sure. Just hope it doesn't turn into something bigger or worse although then again it's never been that bad.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (26)
49.06%
No - but I will (1)
1.89%
No - I don't want to (1)
1.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (25)
47.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise