What stereotypes are attached to girls who attend each of the following schools: Watch

Timon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Benenden?

Rodean?

Cheltenham Ladies College?

Down House?

St. Swithun's

Tudor Hall?

Wycombe Abbey?

St. Paul's Girls' School - London?

St. Catherine's - Guildford?

St. George's - Sunningdale?
Timon
Rep:
?
The posh girls I know say Rodean is all Chinese these days, while Cheltenham LC is mostly the school of choice of megarich Arab oil money. Downe House and Benenden are supposedly the home to English party girls and future high-society mugs. Wycombe Abbey is a favourite for brainiacs and Chinese math wizards. St. Paul's is a favourite for comfortably upper middle class professionals (note not rich, but comfortable) who don't want their daughters to board. I also hear it's preferred amongst the North London Jewish community. The same can be said of St. Catherine's of Guildford. St. george's of Ascot, I hear attracts girls with a talent for music and the arts. Tudor Hall and St. Swithun's, on the other hand, are the oldline all girls public boarding school where most of the student body is bluestocking, old money, and hail largely still from the old aristiocratic families of England. St. Swithun's also attracts girls who like playing lacrosse and the horsey set too.
HonestBob
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Timon)
The posh girls I know say Rodean is all Chinese these days, while Cheltenham LC is mostly the school of choice of megarich Arab oil money. Downe House and Benenden are supposedly the home to English party girls and future high-society mugs. Wycombe Abbey is a favourite for brainiacs and Chinese math wizards. St. Paul's is a favourite for comfortably upper middle class professionals (note not rich, but comfortable) who don't want their daughters to board. I also hear it's preferred amongst the North London Jewish community. The same can be said of St. Catherine's of Guildford. St. george's of Ascot, I hear attracts girls with a talent for music and the arts. Tudor Hall and St. Swithun's, on the other hand, are the oldline all girls public boarding school where most of the student body is bluestocking, old money, and hail largely still from the old aristiocratic families of England. St. Swithun's also attracts girls who like playing lacrosse and the horsey set too.
St. Swithin's is menat to be full of rah girls with faces like horses and names like Penelope Double-Barreled. I also hear they have a passion for Lacrosse and taking snobiness to another level. I'm told it's even more snooty than Wycombe Abbey, if that's even possible.
HonestBob
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My sister tells me Rodean is known as Beijing High and Rodean is Hong Kong Institute. That should tell you just how many English girls are allowed entance into these kind of schools today. Sounds like they're going for the fast money from filthy rich and overly ambitious parents back in China, knowing too that these girls will do nothing but work, work, work, work, work and not get into any kind of trouble are Englsih sisters are capable of getting into. More money and less headaches for the school administraitors and staff.
HonestBob
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by HonestBob)
My sister tells me Rodean is known as Beijing High and Rodean is Hong Kong Institute. That should tell you just how many English girls are allowed entance into these kind of schools today. Sounds like they're going for the fast money from filthy rich and overly ambitious parents back in China, knowing too that these girls will do nothing but work, work, work, work, work and not get into any kind of trouble are Englsih sisters are capable of getting into. More money and less headaches for the school administraitors and staff.
Pardon the typo, Cheletenham Ladies College is called Hong Kong College.
screenager2004
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have never heard of any of these apart from Cheltenham.
Einheri
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Timon)
Benenden?
Hot nymphomaniac lesbians.

(Original post by Timon)
Rodean?

(Original post by Timon)
Cheltenham Ladies College?

(Original post by Timon)
Down House?

(Original post by Timon)
St. Swithun's?

(Original post by Timon)
Tudor Hall?

(Original post by Timon)
Wycombe Abbey?

(Original post by Timon)
St. Paul's Girls' School - London?

(Original post by Timon)
St. Catherine's - Guildford?

(Original post by Timon)
St. George's - Sunningdale?

Not really stereotypes, just my imagination. :sexface:
tvdx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
rodean is near me, katie price went there back in the day
Smoosh
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Einheri)
You're not far off about Wycombe Abbey.
Einheri
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Smoosh)
You're not far off about Wycombe Abbey.
Application . . . SENT! They do take 22-year-old guys, right?
jimi191
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Einheri)
Application . . . SENT! They do take 22-year-old guys, right?
no....but they might take a 22 year old guy dressed as a 18 year old girl!

make over time!

like mrs doubtfire....but very diffrent :sexface:
Einheri
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jimi191)
no....but they might take a 22 year old guy dressed as a 18 year old girl!

make over time!

like mrs doubtfire....but very diffrent :sexface:
I'll go get my dress . . . *AHEM* . . . I mean I'll go buy a dress.
Jcon1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
****- the waste product that is generally produced whilst in the process of electrolysis. This relates to the current topic why? 1: revision. 2: figure it out
RexyB
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jcon1)
****- the waste product that is generally produced whilst in the process of electrolysis. This relates to the current topic why? 1: revision. 2: figure it out
I think you posted in the wrong thread. Sorry, honey...
Arteta
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I get the impression that the first 2 posters are the same person, taking a shot at rival schools.
HonestBob
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Arteta)
I get the impression that the first 2 posters are the same person, taking a shot at rival schools.
I get the impression you're wrong. Nothing worse than a Detective School dropout.
Arteta
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You caught me.
Timon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Timon)
Little sister informs me that St. Mary's Calne, St. Swithuns and Benenden are about the only all-girls boarding schools left these where the Chinese don't outnumber the English girls. She also says that many of the old boarding schools trying to pass themselves off as full boarding are really day schools in disguise. British parents can't afford these places like they used to--especially full boarding, so weekends are spent back at home in Surrey or wherever. Nevertheless, theforeign money is flowing in from international students, so there usually the only ones boarding these days.
Historophilia
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I am disappointed that my old school is not featured on your list.

The main stereotype attached to us is mainly as a virtue of our name rhyming with ****s
LipstickKisses
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Timon)
Little sister informs me that St. Mary's Calne, St. Swithuns and Benenden are about the only all-girls boarding schools left these where the Chinese don't outnumber the English girls. She also says that many of the old boarding schools trying to pass themselves off as full boarding are really day schools in disguise. British parents can't afford these places like they used to--especially full boarding, so weekends are spent back at home in Surrey or wherever. Nevertheless, theforeign money is flowing in from international students, so there usually the only ones boarding these days.
It makes sense that more internationals will board than domestic students, as they can't exactly be day pupils can they...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (432)
37.5%
No - but I will (87)
7.55%
No - I don't want to (79)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (554)
48.09%

Watched Threads