The Student Room Group

A good detox?

For the past week, my parents have been away on holiday, so my friends have been over every night. Resulting in a lot of takeaways, and a lot of alcohol consumed. But now my body really hates me for it. My skin is covered in angry red spots, and my tummy is quite sore. Also, I've definitely gained weight. So, starting tomorrow, when my parents get back, I want to go on a detox to get all this crap out my body. Anyone got any really good detoxes i could do? I'd be so greatful :biggrin:
It's not an official 'detox' per se, but when I've had a heavy few days I always cut ot ALL the crap, and generally eat weetabix and hot water with lemon on a morning, houmous and pitta for lunch and healthy, low-fat homemade dishes for dinner (stir fry, curry, stew, salad etc) with only fruit to snack on. Also make sure you drink about 2 ltrs of water a day with no fizzy drinks and minimal fruit juice. Within a few days I'm back on top form :biggrin:
xx
Eat some beetroot, you can buy vaccume packed stuff at the supermarket and keep it in the fridge to snack on
Thanks these are brilliant tips so far :biggrin:

Quick Reply