A good detox? Watch

INeedToLoseWeight
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
For the past week, my parents have been away on holiday, so my friends have been over every night. Resulting in a lot of takeaways, and a lot of alcohol consumed. But now my body really hates me for it. My skin is covered in angry red spots, and my tummy is quite sore. Also, I've definitely gained weight. So, starting tomorrow, when my parents get back, I want to go on a detox to get all this crap out my body. Anyone got any really good detoxes i could do? I'd be so greatful
blinkbelle
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's not an official 'detox' per se, but when I've had a heavy few days I always cut ot ALL the crap, and generally eat weetabix and hot water with lemon on a morning, houmous and pitta for lunch and healthy, low-fat homemade dishes for dinner (stir fry, curry, stew, salad etc) with only fruit to snack on. Also make sure you drink about 2 ltrs of water a day with no fizzy drinks and minimal fruit juice. Within a few days I'm back on top form
xx
Patchey1000
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Eat some beetroot, you can buy vaccume packed stuff at the supermarket and keep it in the fridge to snack on
there's too much love
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Drink at least 3 mugs of green tea (as part of those 2 litres of water you'll be drinking).
Plenty of fruit that was mentioned.

SLEEP for God's sakes, get as much sleep as you need and maybe a little more.

Don't over shower, just shower the usual amount.

You're going to pee more if you're not used to drinking so much.
You're probably going to have to eat a larger quantity of food, although a similar amount of kcals.
Eat slowly, chew your food properly.

Things might get worse before they get better, don't panic if that happens.

Edit: Avoid processed sugar.
INeedToLoseWeight
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Thanks these are brilliant tips so far
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (442)
37.81%
No - but I will (88)
7.53%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (559)
47.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise