What about Southampton as a city? Watch

sadar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I was wondering -as I've never been to soton- how is the city, how would you describe it, and also waht opinion do u have about the weather

I'll be visiting it in August probably, but I really dont know what to expect. Would be nice to someone say to which city could Soton be compared / in par with!

Btw 1 more attraction for next year in Soton, coz Saints FC are probably going th the Champioship

Thanks!
~ Purple Rose ~
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's a nice city. The centre has most things you need, including West Quay, parks etc most down one main street. Plus it has ships :p:
It's not too big either - I went to Liverpool last week and was quite daunted by its size in comparison.
mfaxford
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I believe Southampton was heavily bombed during the war which means a lot of the city center is much more open than most cities. There are lots of parks around and the main shopping street is very wide. The downside is that a lot of the historic side isn't here.

I#ve enjoyed living in Southampton as it's relativly easy to get around. The people are generally friendly and I've mostly found it a safe place to live.

There's lots of shipping around so you can watch the boats come and go including the massive cruise liners. If you've not seen one before it's well worth a look just to see how massive they are.

You've also got Winchester, The New Forest and the Isle of Wight nearby for days out.
marcusmerehay
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah, Southampton is a nice compromise between life in a city (West Quay is a hefty shopping centre) and life in a town (quite a lot of parks/green areas generally) and very few 'bad areas' (that are very easy to avoid, and you get them in any city/town).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (508)
37.71%
No - but I will (103)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (644)
47.81%

Watched Threads