Studying at Universities: Academic differences between UK and Continental Europe??? Watch

Theopolis
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Greetings everyone!

It seems that there are lots of students who have studied both in the UK and continental Europe on this sub-forum, and I’m very appreciated if you can share your academic experiences about this!

I’m now considering studying abroad in continental Europe.However, according to my friends, they have a nice time partying and travelling when studying abroad in continental Europe.

So that makes me wonder, is studying abroad in continental Europe a good decision regarding academic study? For example, is this an effective way to acquire a wide academic horizon?

On the other hand, is academic experience of studying in continental Europe quite different from the US? And is this beneficial academically?

By the way, since I plan to take some courses of humanities, I wish to know that, is intellectual atmosphere in European universities quite different from British / American universities?

Any insights on this topic would be appreciated. And I’ll be very grateful if anyone could give some examples about this. Thank you!
cooper21
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Where in "continental europe " ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.74%
No - but I will (102)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (635)
47.74%

Watched Threads