The Student Room Group

World War III is near...the question is - will you be ready?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Russia is too friendly with Europe to go to war with it and I doubt it wants another Cold War. I don't think Russia would go out of its way to support Libya or even China if they got involved.
Reply 101
Original post by slavetosociety
North Koreo? Pffft..they couldn't even hurt a fly if they tried to.

North Korea has the largest army in the world besides Russia, nearly 10 million troops.
Reply 102
Er pretty sure for us to be 'in the middle of WW3' as you claim in one of your posts, then the fighting has to take place in more than one country. I see no indication of China or Russia fighting the USA in the near future, why would they?
Original post by Tefhel
Er pretty sure for us to be 'in the middle of WW3' as you claim in one of your posts, then the fighting has to take place in more than one country. I see no indication of China or Russia fighting the USA in the near future, why would they?

Because people like to imagine we live in a super-special New World Order. Nevermind the fact that countries generally try to avoid going to war for no apparent reason, and the fact China needs people to sell its stuff to...
Reply 104
Original post by DeanFoley
Because people like to imagine we live in a super-special New World Order. Nevermind the fact that countries generally try to avoid going to war for no apparent reason, and the fact China needs people to sell its stuff to...

Yeah that's what I thought. I think some people are wishing for WW3 just for their own amusement.
Original post by Tefhel
Yeah that's what I thought. I think some people are wishing for WW3 just for their own amusement.

WW3 is like the end of the world. Its been happening for about 50 years apparently.
Reply 106
Original post by Elbonian
Can't you just say the U.S. owes China a lot of money?

No no I cannot:cool:
Reply 107
Original post by slavetosociety
I wouldn't say the war would be based on religion. Saudi Arabia and Bahrain have always wanted Qaddafi and Iran to be toppled.

You have to look at the bigger picture. I'm not going to sugar coat anything, islam and western values are totally opposite to each other, yeah there are some muslim countries which dont like others same as non muslim countries not liking other non muslim countries, but looking in the long term when islam is perceived as more of a threat there will be action from the west. Look at iraq and afghanistan many muslims have started to hate the west for that very reason, now looking at libya and maybe if the west start to interfere in other muslim countries the tensions will only rise.

There will be quite some divided opinions within muslims with regards to the west, religious muslims would see the bigger picture and rally against the west, while the more liberal muslims who care only about going with their individual lives will not really care as to whos side to be on.

Don't look at the leader of muslim countries, they are mere puppets. Look at the people, look at the protests, talk to muslims about their views to get a bigger picture.
Original post by Broderss
North Korea has the largest army in the world besides Russia, nearly 10 million troops.

I think you'll find not only that China has the largest army in the world, but that said army is the largest employer in the world.

pwnd :cool:
Reply 109
Original post by Kenocide
I think you'll find not only that China has the largest army in the world, but that said army is the largest employer in the world.

pwnd :cool:

If you're talking about active troops then yes, but in the total number of troops North Korea has more than double the People's Republic of China's. Russia has 21 million total though :s-smilie:
If you're talking about active troops then yes, but in the total number of troops North Korea has more than double the People's Republic of China's. Russia has 21 million total though :s-smilie:

That's because they're paranoid (reserve of ~8 million, really?).

Anyhoo, comparing numbers is pointless in the hypothetical situation of this so-called WW3. All that would really matter is who has nuclear weapons and virtually all those nations mentioned do, hence WW3 is about as likely as bankers of the world uniting and deciding they no longer like receiving bonuses.
Reply 111

No projection power though. Unless your south Korea

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending