some ******** kepps ringing me. Watch

joelioelioelio
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
as the title says, they withhold there number, they have rung me 3 times, the first time a was asleep when they called, i was dazed and a little confused, they were just talking like they were a friend asking me how i was, how my girlfriend and baby was, then they said that they shagged my girlfriend the week before (then came on her face). i said they didn't then put the phone down. they then rang me about a week ago, once again asked me how i was what i was doing ect, then kept on pretending to misunderstand me (i said stop ringing me, i'm just bathing my child, to which they replied "your just ****ing your child?"). i don't want to get a new number but there really starting to piss me off, i got a text from them last night that just said " i hate you", so i now have their number (you can't withhold your number from a text). any advice?
The-Wi$e-One
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
phone your network, get them to block the number
DarkWhite
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You can contact the police about this; it's harassment, and they will investigate it, especially if you have the number..
Liam 09
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Dazed and Confuseeed
aleathiel
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by The-Wi$e-One)
phone your network, get them to block the number
From previous experience, I know they won't be able to do this.

They will tell the OP to change HIS number though.
Delaney
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by aleathiel)

They can. OP you can also use the blocklist feature on your mobile, if it has one. Also contact the police.
Kaykiie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Delaney)
They can. OP you can also use the blocklist feature on your mobile, if it has one. Also contact the police.
They definitely can't. You can use the block feature on your phone but networks can't do it. I went through a period of being severely harassed and o2 said it's not possible to block numbers through them.
The-Wi$e-One
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by aleathiel)

(Original post by Kaykiie)
They definitely can't. You can use the block feature on your phone but networks can't do it. I went through a period of being severely harassed and o2 said it's not possible to block numbers through them.
Vodafone could for me so :iiam:
Dijipo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by joelioelioelio)
as the title says, they withhold there number, they have rung me 3 times, the first time a was asleep when they called, i was dazed and a little confused, they were just talking like they were a friend asking me how i was, how my girlfriend and baby was, then they said that they shagged my girlfriend the week before (then came on her face). i said they didn't then put the phone down. they then rang me about a week ago, once again asked me how i was what i was doing ect, then kept on pretending to misunderstand me (i said stop ringing me, i'm just bathing my child, to which they replied "your just ****ing your child?"). i don't want to get a new number but there really starting to piss me off, i got a text from them last night that just said " i hate you", so i now have their number (you can't withhold your number from a text). any advice?
Post their number here and we'll all ring him
RoshniDiya
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Something like that usued to happen to me... used to get withheld calls at like 2am, usually from a different guy every time, they were passing my number around. I was always "dazed and confused" too it was just weird. They knew my name, got thrills from saying and asking for disgusting things, and one of them said we'd had sex before O.O which is pretty weird considering I haven't had sex yet. They stopped for like a year and then started up again... just change your number like I did!
Kaykiie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by The-Wi$e-One)
Vodafone could for me so :iiam:
Bloody o2!!!!
evolutionaryme
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Now you have their number, post it up where you live with things like 'call me for a good time baby'. turn it into a flyer with a hot chick and everything to piss them off and so you have a laugh
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
do you have any stone-cold hard mates with an aggressive voice? if so, get them to say this down the phone "I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."

if not, text it to them. they'll **** a brick.
*Zep
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
This has been happening to me recently. I had a number of witheld calls. I usually just let them ring until they stop, or I send the busy tone. One time it really annoyed me so I just picked up and all I could hear was the opening and shutting of a door and heavy breathing..so weird. I hung up. Next time it rang, I heard a male voice saying "Hello, hello, where are you? Talk to me".
I said : "Sorry, you've probably got the wrong number." and hung up. Within a few days it happened again. Back to the sound of heavy breathing - no talking - and I could hear some cars in the distance.
Then I started getting a long series of blank texts from a number I hadn't saved like really late at night. Only yesterday the same number text me "Hi"
I ignored it.. It is rather strange. And I dont know how to block numbers on my phone.
The-Wi$e-One
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
you could...ermm seek revenge and post it on /b/
Delaney
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Kaykiie)
I believe Vodafone can at a network level. These days you can phone O2 and ask for the nuisance calls bureau -they are able to trace the call and then they forward the information to the police on your behalf.
Kaykiie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Delaney)
I believe Vodafone can at a network level. These days you can phone O2 and ask for the nuisance calls bureau -they are able to trace the call and then they forward the information to the police on your behalf.
Yeah, someone else said before. Pretty silly that one network can and another can't :rolleyes:

I did know the person harassing me and didn't wish to go to the police with it (personal reasons) just wanted to stop getting messages :p:

But yeah, in relation to the OPs situation, that's a good idea
TheGreatest21
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ring him back.
joelioelioelio
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
i don't know how to black a number and does that work if the number is withheld? I'm on talktalk (i believe they are part of a larger company) does anyone know if they can stop it?
Rishz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You can file a case against him/her as he is causing you to fear immediate personal violence. This is assault and it will stop when you take action against it. Tell your network provider and they can track who they are and their location.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (273)
38.18%
No - but I will (51)
7.13%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.13%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (340)
47.55%

Watched Threads