Manchester/Sheffield/Leeds ? Watch

xuntu
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hello Everyone,

Well, I'm an International transfer student and I have conditional offers for Electrical and Electronic Engineering (directly into 2nd year) from the above mentioned universities and I need advice on what to choose.
As far as the offers are concerned, Manchester has the toughest one followed up by Sheffield and then Leeds, but according to the Local league tables, Sheffield and Leeds both are better than Manchester while in International rankings, Manchester is better.
So Please if anyone can tell me actually where these universities truly stand in UK ? What is the real picture ? Which one is better ?

Moreover, people here in my home country totally ignore league tables and they consider Manchester to be amongst the top 6-7 universities of UK, and in the field of Engineering, they consider it to be in top 5. Well do you guys agree with that ?

Thankyou
waneHP
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah. Anyone can help with this, please?
united.spammers
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Manchester is a good uni but I don't think it's one of the best for engineering. Same with Leeds (although I might be wrong because I've never looked at the league tables for EEE). Tbh they're all pretty similar in terms of overall reputation so if I was you I'd make my choice on which city I liked best and other things like that
Leo*
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Manchester University is great for EEE and the school of EEE acheived 98% student satisfaction ratings.
Manchester is third for research intensity within the UK (below Oxford and Cambridge)
And has the largest high voltage lab than any other UK university

Industrial links are good too, some of which being the National Grid, Rolls Royce, National Instruments, Airbus and Syngenta.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (139)
38.19%
No - but I will (20)
5.49%
No - I don't want to (26)
7.14%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (179)
49.18%

Watched Threads