is feminism an evil anti female conspiracy? Watch

humanrights
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
the western world hates females it seems. its forces females to go out to work when in the past they stayed at home and raised families.

modern women are nothing more than 'productive economic units', their identity as females is ridiculed and their worth is measured against how they compete with men.

britain used to be a society where one wage packet looked after a family comfortably. now, women are forced to go to work.

feminism was all about the enslavement of women- the forcible expulsion of women from the home and into the workplace, for the sole purpose of tax revenue.

feminism is anti women. anti family. and anti human.

females should reject the evils of feminism and revert back to their traditional roles are nurturing mothers and not gender hybrids who compete with men in their own environment.

women are much more important than that.
LostRiots
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I hate feminism. Women should stay in the kitchen.
kerily
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yes. Yes it is. Giving women the vote was a secret conspiracy to stop them feeling able to stay in the kitchen, where they are naturally happiest and most fulfilled.

Spoiler:
Show
Just realised that I should edit in to say this is sarcasm, in case it's not obvious :teehee:

I think the response to this may prove that a) nobody on TSR bothers reading spoilers and b) nobody on TSR can recognise sarcasm :awesome:
Martyn*
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think feminism is part of Marxism. Simone de Beauvoir anyone? She was a Lesbian/bi-sexual. Nothing against Lesbians at all, but it does say that she was at least half a man. I think it started with her.
PendulumBoB
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
On the one hand I feel that it is good for women to be able to be independant: on the other hand who has really benefited from women going to work? The banks now morgage rates can be higher and the best part is women somehow think that they are better off.
LostRiots
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mujeriego)
And you should stay in your cave.
What are you on about? I live in a house, silly.
thelifeofbrian
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
or maybe we should stop viewing people by what categories they fall into and let people do what hell they want?
[]D [] []V[] []D
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I agree, to some extent. Women shouldn't feel it's their duty to work, and should be able to stay at home and look after a family if they choose, even if that means having to be paid by the state.
kerily
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by []D [] []V[] []D)
I agree, to some extent. Women shouldn't feel it's their duty to work, and should be able to stay at home and look after a family if they choose, even if that means having to be paid by the state.
Would you say the same about people of all genders? Because that's the point of feminism, really - people should be allowed to do whatever they want, regardless of gender. You can be a massive feminist and yet want to be a housewife, as long as you also concede that not every woman should be the same as you and that it would be ok if a man wanted to do the same.
[]D [] []V[] []D
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kerily)
Would you say the same about people of all genders? Because that's the point of feminism, really - people should be allowed to do whatever they want, regardless of gender. You can be a massive feminist and yet want to be a housewife, as long as you also concede that not every woman should be the same as you and that it would be ok if a man wanted to do the same.
I think you'd agree, though, that a woman is much better at looking after kids. She's designed for it, after all. So it makes more sense for a woman to stay at home child rearing, and a man to go out and earn money. People should be allowed to stay at home and raise kids or earn a wage no matter what their gender, but lets not forget traditional gender roles. They're there for a reason.
Enoch.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Feminism is useless nowadays.
Boobies.
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hmm.. I always joke with my friends that women's rights were the worst thing to ever happen to us, that I'd quite like lovely dresses to be bought for me and for men to do all the hard work, have servants and a big four poster bed like in The Duchess.
[]D [] []V[] []D
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ussumane)
Feminism is useless nowadays.
Little bit incorrect, no? :lolwut: Women haven't achieved equality yet, no way, so the feminism movement is still relevant.
username457532
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think you'd agree, though, that a woman is much better at looking after kids. She's designed for it, after all. So it makes more sense for a woman to stay at home child rearing, and a man to go out and earn money. People should be allowed to stay at home and raise kids or earn a wage no matter what their gender, but lets not forget traditional gender roles. They're there for a reason.
What reason? What about people who don't feel they fit into traditional gender stereotypes? How are women 'designed' for looking after kids?

And feminism gives everyone the chance to do what they want with their lives. Why do you (OP) assume all women would prefer to stay at home raising kids rather than having a job. I'd hate it and I know most others would too.
kerily
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think you'd agree, though, that a woman is much better at looking after kids.
Don't make assumptions about what I believe. I can't think of why a woman would be any better at looking after children. Just because someone has XX chromosomes doesn't mean they're necessarily more caring, more loving, or more intuitively good with children. It does mean that they're going to be better at breastfeeding, but that's the only actual advantage they have. I'm XX and I can't imagine I'd be good at looking after children - I'm not a patient person or good with bodily fluids, so that basically rules out everything children do in the first couple of years of life.

She's designed for it, after all.
How? Granted a woman will probably have breasts, which does mean she can breastfeed. But that's about it. I don't think having a vagina makes you any better at raising children once they've been born, and it's not always true that woman are inherently more 'caring'/'empathetic' etc.

People should be allowed to stay at home and raise kids or earn a wage no matter what their gender, but lets not forget traditional gender roles. They're there for a reason.
Agree with the first bit - but not with the second bit. Gender roles are literally there for a reason, in that they didn't just fall out of the sky, but they're not there because of any sort of biological fact which means women are inherently suited to one thing or men are inherently suited to another. Of course it would be neater if we could have 50% of the population staying at home and 50% working, and have one person from either category in every relationship. But that doesn't mean that people will be happy or fulfilled if forced into one of these categories based on their external appearence.
OakleyReef
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
derp.
[]D [] []V[] []D
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kerily)
Don't make assumptions about what I believe. I can't think of why a woman would be any better at looking after children. Just because someone has XX chromosomes doesn't mean they're necessarily more caring, more loving, or more intuitively good with children. It does mean that they're going to be better at breastfeeding, but that's the only actual advantage they have. I'm XX and I can't imagine I'd be good at looking after children - I'm not a patient person or good with bodily fluids, so that basically rules out everything children do in the first couple of years of life.

How? Granted a woman will probably have breasts, which does mean she can breastfeed. But that's about it. I don't think having a vagina makes you any better at raising children once they've been born, and it's not always true that woman are inherently more 'caring'/'empathetic' etc.

Agree with the first bit - but not with the second bit. Gender roles are literally there for a reason, in that they didn't just fall out of the sky, but they're not there because of any sort of biological fact which means women are inherently suited to one thing or men are inherently suited to another. Of course it would be neater if we could have 50% of the population staying at home and 50% working, and have one person from either category in every relationship. But that doesn't mean that people will be happy or fulfilled if forced into one of these categories based on their external appearence.
Well, it makes sense, evolutionarily, that women would be better at looking after children. The bond between a mother and a child is stronger than any other relationship you'll have in your life, and it's totally biological. Women are built to attach to their child the moment they see it. Their hormones also make them susceptible to finding children cute, and wanting to protect them. Example: a teacher brings her baby into my class last week. The guys go "oh, a baby, cool." The girls go all red faced and smiley and gooey and go "AWWWW ONG A BABY, AWWW I WANT ONEEEE".
Mujeriego
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by LostRiots)
What are you on about? I live in a house, silly.

By your standards perhaps. :mmm:

On a different note, I like how some posters think education and financial independence finally being attainable for half the population is sinister. If all women were forced into work and school -- le horror -- at all times they might have a point but they don't and that's the beauty of it. Women can now choose to stay at home and rear children or pursue their ambitions outside. That's feminism. Don't try to dress up your authoritarian misogyny as a well-intentioned desire to guide all lost females back to their ancestral kitchen and away from those weaaaaaally mean books.
Enoch.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Little bit incorrect, no? :lolwut: Women haven't achieved equality yet, no way, so the feminism movement is still relevant.
In the western world its pointless at this day and age, should make myself clearer.
humanrights
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
women are forced to go to work. its impossible now a days for the average household to live on one wage packet.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.29%
No - but I will (77)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.02%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (486)
48.07%

Watched Threads