Goldsmiths Vs. Kingston for History of Art! Watch

bumbley
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi all,

I have offers to study History of Art from Goldsmiths and Kingston and I really don't know which one to choose for my first choice. Do you have any ideas about which one is better?
Also, if I choose Kingston I have an offer for History of Art with Drama which is something I really like, but I'm not sure whether it's worth it because I have heard that Kingston is not a great uni.

Thanks!
BeBop
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by bumbley)
Hi all,

I have offers to study History of Art from Goldsmiths and Kingston and I really don't know which one to choose for my first choice. Do you have any ideas about which one is better?
Also, if I choose Kingston I have an offer for History of Art with Drama which is something I really like, but I'm not sure whether it's worth it because I have heard that Kingston is not a great uni.

Thanks!
Well according to university guide for the UK Goldsmith is ranked 54 and Kingston 67 out of 90 universities for History. I am assuming History of Art would be grouped under History. Goldsmiths is probably in the top 20 or even top 10 when considering only those unis available in London. These numbers may not mean much but its worth noting. I myself will be studying BA History at Goldsmith this coming September. Goldsmiths' History course tends to focus on cultural history such as religion, witchcraft etc. See which uni offers you the best course suited to you. By that I mean topics that you feel you would have a genuine interest in studying. You will be committing for three years so its best to choose wisely. I have not heard much of Kingston so I cannot really make a valuable judgement of it. Also consider the type of people certain unis attract. Goldsmith is know for being artsy and "cool". It also has a strong presence of mature students which could be taken either way. Thats all I have for now. Good luck with the decision makings and if you have more Q's then fire away and I will try my best to help you out
georgeflynn
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
well it's kinda like asking do you want to die by being burned alive or to be drowned in the sea with weights attached to your ankles

neither goldsmiths or kingston is particularly great and history of art is also a cop out of real history
bumbley
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
@ BeBop: Thank you! I have firmed Kingston now, and have Goldsmiths for my insurance Still confused but at least I won't have to regret it if I don't get into Kingston!

@georgeflynn: Well, that was very helpful, thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (215)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
6.93%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.57%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (259)
47.26%

Watched Threads