The Student Room Group

Do you ever think "wait, I always text him/her first"?

Do you guys ever think this when you text/call a person you like, but find yourself always doing so first?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It is certainly something to pay attention to as it can give an indication of how much a person would like to talk to you.
Yep. Quite often in fact.
Reply 3
Original post by Quintessentiality
Yep. Quite often in fact.

But why?
Reply 4
I'm a culprit to this. Im often rubbish at keeping in touch and often wait for others to text me! It's a combination of lazziness and business I gues..
Reply 5
I thought this like 20 mins ago, it's a funny world :smile:
Not unless it's really obvious- although I have friends who would never even think about texting a guy once, and then again before he's texted back.
Story of my life. Unrequited feelings are the best (Y)
If I'm good friends with them, it just makes me feel like I've either done something wrong, or they've just stopped caring. Which is always nice, isn't it...
Reply 9
I don't keep count. But if it happens a lot then I do notice it. In fact with one friend who I thought I made all the effort with, I went with the "I'll just wait till she texts me" mentality. It's been 3 months. What a great friend :/
Reply 10
Yeah sometimes. But if I stop texting him first, he'll probably start getting paranoid and thinking "she always texts me, why isn't she now? Have I done something wrong?". Not going to worry about it and shall continue ticking along as I always do.
Reply 11
I'm the other way round, I wait to be texted, I almost never text first. Sometimes I don't bother to reply. My excuse is I have better things to do, I hate texting and my phone is permanently on vibrate so I never hear/feel it. My texts aren't from people who fancy me though (at least I don't think so).
Reply 12
Nope, because im scared of coming off as needy and clingy so i always wait for them..... Usually comes off worse for me cos then i give the impression that im not interested. I am im just shy!!! :frown:
Reply 13
Yeah I notice who starts a convo on facebook/messages first. I used to always start, but last few months I don't think I have once.
Yeah i think this, then i realise that it's because i just try and start the conversation immediately (i.e. on msn) :tongue: but if i wait then they'll start the convo, just not as quickly :smile: but meh, life's too short to spend your time waiting :wink:
Reply 15
No, my friends tend to text me back.
Reply 16
Yes, I have that feeling with a girl that I fancy atm and to be brutally honest; it's starting to piss me off.
Sometimes but I think if someone really doesn't want to talk to you they won't reply or their answers will be very vague. As long as the person is replying and seems interested in the conversation and you're not doing all the talking. If you just wait until whenever they want you could be waiting ages and if the guy is shy he might not text first. I don't think it matters who texts first I mean you don't have to wait until the guy texts before you text him , and can text him first too.
Reply 18
Nah, no matter how much I like them I'm just so lazy that they normally complain that I never text/reply/call back. I do, it just sometimes takes a little while haha.
when it comes to guys i'm interested in...i'd like to text them first cos i get excited about it but i got told off by a mate for texting this guy first because apparantly if you text the guy fist it makes you seem clingy and it scares them off...is this even true??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending