HELP: High-rise accomondation Watch

mint treasure
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Is anyone applying for the High-rise accommondation for the next year?
And is it really that bad? Maybe someone could add some pictures? What kind of people live there?
Due to financial circumstances this looks like my only choice, though the reviews are quite bad.
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I haven't lived there but I have spent quite a bit of time there. It might look bad but other than that it's fine. Sometimes I found the toilets were cleaner than in the rooms with ensuites!!
Anyone can live there, I'm not too sure what you mean by that.
mint treasure
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by hannah_dru)
I haven't lived there but I have spent quite a bit of time there. It might look bad but other than that it's fine. Sometimes I found the toilets were cleaner than in the rooms with ensuites!!
Anyone can live there, I'm not too sure what you mean by that.
Well, I just thought whether it is safe etc, because in TSR it is descibed as ghetto?
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mint treasure)
Well, I just thought whether it is safe etc, because in TSR it is descibed as ghetto?
It's as safe as every other accommodation block on campus.
DJSKYLINE
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
which high-rise? the old towers??
raspberrybubbles
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I lived there in first year and it was fine. No problems whatsoever, did the job etc! There are some photos in a thread from a while back; I'll try and find them for you!
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
See:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...5&postcount=37
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...5&postcount=39

These are both of stafford tower, the only tower which will be remaining next year...
Lil Lee Lee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oh yeah! Me and Rob were planning to come down to campus to watch the towers be blown up on Sunday (what a way to spend my birthday)

Anyone know where you can watch it from?
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I want to do that, Leah but I'm in Germany and my friend that was going to go watch it has to work

I know they're showing it in the guild, but you'll probably need ID. They're also shutting off surrounding streets, so it might be a bit difficult to find somewhere!
Lil Lee Lee
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by raspberrybubbles)
I want to do that, Leah but I'm in Germany and my friend that was going to go watch it has to work

I know they're showing it in the guild, but you'll probably need ID. They're also shutting off surrounding streets, so it might be a bit difficult to find somewhere!
Oh balls! Maybe we can watch from Millennium Point or something?
gillipies
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lil Lee Lee)
Oh balls! Maybe we can watch from Millennium Point or something?
Sounds a great way to spend your birthday!!

Yeah to get into the Main Building/Guild you need ID and they're only letting people in who live in residences.

I'd love to watch it but they're being so anti anyone being there (obviously for H&S, but it's no fun! :mad:) we're thinking Matthew Boulton (in the corner where their car park is) might be an option? They're not kicking anyone out of Lakeside A block I don't think and definitely not moving people out of the further away part of the New Build so you might be ok there.

I'm not sure you'll be able to see from millennium point any more because the new build might be in the way and they've also built a massive multi-storey car park where part of the flat car park used to be.

At the same time as all of this I'm not sure if I'm going to bother. I'd love to see it but it's gonna be a blink and you miss it thing so I could be there ages (as we don't know exactly when it'll be) turn my back for a couple of seconds and they've been demolished!

Can you tell I've been thinking about this too much?!?!
Lil Lee Lee
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by gillipies)
Sounds a great way to spend your birthday!!

Yeah to get into the Main Building/Guild you need ID and they're only letting people in who live in residences.

I'd love to watch it but they're being so anti anyone being there (obviously for H&S, but it's no fun! :mad:) we're thinking Matthew Boulton (in the corner where their car park is) might be an option? They're not kicking anyone out of Lakeside A block I don't think and definitely not moving people out of the further away part of the New Build so you might be ok there.

I'm not sure you'll be able to see from millennium point any more because the new build might be in the way and they've also built a massive multi-storey car park where part of the flat car park used to be.

At the same time as all of this I'm not sure if I'm going to bother. I'd love to see it but it's gonna be a blink and you miss it thing so I could be there ages (as we don't know exactly when it'll be) turn my back for a couple of seconds and they've been demolished!

Can you tell I've been thinking about this too much?!?!
Hehe, just a bit!

We're thinking of going to the canal that loops round Aston now, we walked around there when we were in final year and you can see the towers from there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (517)
37.63%
No - but I will (107)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (94)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (656)
47.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise