MA social work interview - what will they ask me?? Watch

Jen_Cruz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi all,

I have an interview coming up for MA Social Work course. Anyone been through this process or any kind of postgraduate interview process who can suggest the kinds of questions I'll be asked?

It's 30 minutes and doesn't involve any kind of presentation or discussion of articles etc. It's just plain and simple question and answer.

Many thanks!
jellybeanjen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi Jen,

What uni have you applied to? The Community Care forum has some threads up about the interview process at various universities for 2011 entry, so I'd have a look there if I were you. I did a group interview for my MA so I don't know too much about one on one interviews. However I've heard that they're normally about your values and ethics and why you want to be a social worker rather than testing your knowledge of theory, legislation etc. It will be useful if you know something about anti-discriminatory/anti-oppressive practice and if you take a look at the GSCC codes of practice and National Occupational Standards and think about how your prior experience fits in with these or how you would work within them in a social work environment.

Good luck for your interview, keep us posted on how it goes!
Jen_Cruz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Thanks for getting back to me. It's for Northumbria! It's only the 2nd or 3rd year they've done this course so really hard to find out what I can expect at interview. Thanks for the tips, I'll have another look at the codes etc. I do agree that it will be more about my values and experience rather than my knowledge, seeing as they'll spend two years teaching me everything. Bit nervous now!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (83)
39.34%
No - but I will (9)
4.27%
No - I don't want to (14)
6.64%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (105)
49.76%

Watched Threads