Seriously need help atm - confused as hell! Watch

ddua_dduges
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Ok, long story short;-

I went to university in September 2010 but left in November of the same year due to mental health reasons (so a valid reason).
I'm well now and going back to university (a different one) in September of this year, and I have been given an unconditional placement.
PROBLEM: I have just filled out my application on Student Finance .gov but it says that I am not eligible.
Is there anything I can do to change this??

I'm paying £10 a month, and will be paying off around £800 in August anyway - so I really don't know what to do.
Should I send SFE a note from my doctor? Although I shouldn't have to, as medical information should be confidential.

Can anyone PLEASE help???

Thank you
modgepodge
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
did you just do the one part year? ie you havent previously done a year and dropped out or anythign? everyone is entitled to 1 year longer than their course, regardless of the reason they dropped out/repeated etc, so you should be fine, give them a call and see what they say. you shouldn't have to provide drs notes or anything.
flipshot
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What are you paying off? If you still owe them overpaid Grant money, then they won't let you have any additional money until this has been paid back. You maybe able to phone them and ask if they can just take off the money you owe of what they pay you next year.

As modgepodge says though you are still entitled to funding, its just if you owe them money from a overpayment this can prevent it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (344)
37.84%
No - but I will (72)
7.92%
No - I don't want to (65)
7.15%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (428)
47.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed