Why has she begun ignoring me? Watch

Threepigs
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
So after I told this girl we should be friends (she rejected my offer for a relationship prior) she began texting me more often, like every few days or so. However, then suddenly she stopped texting me, the last time we texted was like two weeks ago.

Have I done something to upset her? I said we should be friends but I cannot deny my feelings for her and so this is why I have yet to text her again, as she may see this as me making a move again.

Anyway girls/guys, why do you think the sudden change?
wanderlust.xx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
So... you like her, she likes you, she asked you out, you rejected her, and you want to text her and fancy her without getting into a relationship with her and expect her to do the same?

:facepalm2:

It's not sudden, it's expected. If a girl did this to me I'd just delete her number and reject her, way too ****ed up to even begin to explain.
zjs
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
She found someone.
Anonymous #1
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by wanderlust.xx)
So... you like her, she likes you, she asked you out, you rejected her, and you want to text her and fancy her without getting into a relationship with her and expect her to do the same?

It's not sudden, it's expected. If a girl did this to me I'd just delete her number and reject her, way too ****ed up to even begin to explain.
think she reject his offer for a relationship.

sounds a little weird. maybe she finds it awkward. did you try contacting her? if she is ignoring you, just leave her be.
Kaykiie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

He offered her a relationship and she rejected him.
Threepigs
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago

I liked her, but wasn't ever sure she liked me back. We went out twice, second time I sort of slipped up and confessed my feelings, this was when she rejected me.

After this she continued texting me, but then I said we should be friends. (note before it was me initiating the text). So anyway she suddenly stopped texting me, which seemed strange as I've never done anything to offend her.

She even said she liked me because I was different and how I held myself.
Magsam
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why are you so desperate for the attention of a girl who has rejected you?

If she wants to be friends, she will contact you in time. I doubt she will though, as who, besides the cliche "attention-seeking whore", wants to be "friends" with someone that wants to be in a relationship with them? Welcome to Dramaville.

She's doing the sensible thing and ignoring you so you can get over her. Do it.
walkingbeard
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What's happened here, most likely, is that she likes you a bit, quite liked hanging out with you, but has now found someone else who is more aligned with what she wants. The reason she was getting close to you is because everyone needs people to be close to, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are going to be Together. Bad luck mate, because this has happened to me too. She probably *was* using you as someone to be close to without giving any of her own commitment. She knew she could do that, because she knew you were really keen on her. The most annoying thing is, she'd probably deny it if you challenged her.

I really, really mean this from the bottom of my heart: forget about her, force her out of your mind, move on and find someone else to fill that space. She is in no way worth heartache and when you have put her behind you will suddenly _realise_ one day, how little she actually had to offer you to begin with.
such_a_lady
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Maybe she thought she was leading you on by texting you? Or maybe she misunderstood you: maybe when you said you wanted to be friends, she thought that texting you had looked like she wanted more than that, and that you saying that was like a little rejection, and she felt a bit awkward.

I actually rewrote that because it sounded so complicated. Sorry. Girls are complicated, but guys are too. I'd say just try and move on; don't waste time worrying about her.
ForKicks
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Threepigs)
So after I told this girl we should be friends (she rejected my offer for a relationship prior) she began texting me more often, like every few days or so. However, then suddenly she stopped texting me, the last time we texted was like two weeks ago.

Have I done something to upset her? I said we should be friends but I cannot deny my feelings for her and so this is why I have yet to text her again, as she may see this as me making a move again.

Anyway girls/guys, why do you think the sudden change?
She got bored.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
39%
No - but I will (46)
6.79%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.53%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (316)
46.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise