Lib Dem led coalition?? Watch

Teaddict
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Well well guys, most people refer to the coalition as Conservative led but it would appear that, according to the Politics Show, that in terms of party policy being implemented, the Liberal Democrats are getting their way more often than not.

The Liberal Democrats are getting 75% of their promises implemented, whilst the Conservatives are getting 60%.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13253408
toasteh
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
In light on this government's economic policies alone I wouldn't say this is a Lib Dem led government. Sure, many of their policies have been implemented, but as shown in the clip they seem to have been on the more 'minor' issues (i.e. electoral reform - even though they didn't get PR considered, as they wanted).
rajandkwameali
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
So the agreement that Cameron/Clegg signed is not being adhered to? Or both of them are disregarding it?
pol pot noodles
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
But how many promises were given to the Lib Dems? 75% of say 8 isn't really better than 60% of say 20 is it?
HK11
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah but this assumes the policies being implemented are weighted the same, which clearly they're not.
Dan2009
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by HK11)
Yeah but this assumes the policies being implemented are weighted the same, which clearly they're not.
This.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (284)
37.67%
No - but I will (53)
7.03%
No - I don't want to (55)
7.29%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (362)
48.01%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise