?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
self-explanatory really.
JIRAIYA-ERO-SENNIN
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
well in my case you have to get one first.
JessieBelle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Mine is lasting through a mix of communication to each other, having our own things as well as things to do together, trying new things, and generally messing about and being silly. 2 and a half years and still going strong
jfxxxx
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
ive already got one, but i just want to make it last.. so wondered what would help that
Sadian
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Interest and excite her.
iamnotasealion
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Blowjobs. Also communication.

but mainly blowjobs
bethanysmith
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
five years since we were twelve... make sure you dont see each other everyday, i see my bf twice a week which means we are never short of things to talk about, go on long walks when its sunny and watch films when its cold, dont fall into a routine though or you'll soon get bored...
mel0n
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Have your own lives as well as being a part of each others.
Cicerao
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My top tips are:

* Before you scream at your partner, ask yourself, "If I were to die today, would I want what I'm about to say to be my last words to him/her?"

* If you won't care about it in a week, it's not worth arguing over.

* Forgive little mistakes easily and quickly. Don't drag it out to feel powerful. Appreciate that you too will make mistakes you wish to be forgiven for.

* Keep in contact. Even if it's an LDR or you're busy, it takes so little time out of your day to send a message or call them up.

* Put them before yourself, as that is love.

* Be prepared to compromise. Discuss and decide things together.

* Don't give up on your partner because they can be difficult. Lust gives up at the first hurdle. Love sees flaws and continues on regardless.

* Treat them how you would like to be treated.

* If you're annoyed, don't take it out on your partner. They're the person you're supposed to turn to when the world turns its back on you.

It's my 1 year and 5 months today, which isn't that long in the overall scheme of things, but these tips have served us well.
such_a_lady
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't.
CameraGirl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
we live together which helps because we see each other a lot haha (though i'm moving to america for a year in august )
but also go on plenty of days out together, romantic dates sometimes even though we live together, talk a lot, laugh about things, don't take things toooo seriously and have a laugh, mess around.
keep each others' space too, like i'll go out and see my other friends for a day and he can have his space, or one of us will go home for a weekend, sometimes nice to spend some time alone too, makes you appreciate your other half more when you do see them again, if you spend a lot of time together.
and i almost lost him once which was awful and i'm willing to do anything to avoid going through that again, because i love him

and trust, always trust :P

PS. and what cicerao said. very good tips!
evolutionaryme
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by iamnotasealion)
Blowjobs. Also communication.

but mainly blowjobs
Marry me
iamnotasealion
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Foo.mp3)
Stay awesome. :awesome:

+ sandwich + tolerance of MOTD = w1n
My sammiches are sub-par and it is for this reason that I will die alone with cats.
Camelfan
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Never had one, unfortunately.
Casshern1456
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by bethanysmith)
five years since we were twelve... make sure you dont see each other everyday, i see my bf twice a week which means we are never short of things to talk about, go on long walks when its sunny and watch films when its cold, dont fall into a routine though or you'll soon get bored...
Actually I thought this was pretty much it especially the don't see each other everyday and not getting into a routine bit we're still young we want surprises not knowing what will happen today, tomorrow we can have plenty of that when we're old.
Neomaster121
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Flush the toilet after you use it
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
make sure you dont see each other everyday,
so....I take it you don't plan on marrying this guy then.
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Casshern1456)
Actually I thought this was pretty much it especially the don't see each other everyday
same goes for you as what I said to the last person.
Casshern1456
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
same goes for you as what I said to the last person.
I don't think seeing each other everyday means you'll eventually marry them, a relationship can last w/o seeing eachother everyday.
Anonymous #1
Report 7 years ago
make sure you dont see each other everyday, i see my bf twice a week which means we are never short of things to talk about,
i see my boyfriend everyday and we are never short of things to talk about.....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
39.11%
No - but I will (46)
6.81%
No - I don't want to (50)
7.41%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (315)
46.67%

Watched Threads