The Student Room Group

Investment Banking in the UK but NOT in London

Can this be done? Or is it a square mile or nothing job?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
J.P Morgan have alot of their back office operations in Bourenmouth, 4,000 employees +.

Some of the best beaches in the country, insane nightlife, new forest and very relaxed compared to somewhere like Lodon.

But if your interested in FO, nowhere else to be im afraid, London it is.
Reply 2
I am allergic to pollen specific to London. Do you think H+R will mind if I wear my bubble suit to interviews.
Reply 3
Original post by Kreuzuerk
I am allergic to pollen specific to London. Do you think H+R will mind if I wear my bubble suit to interviews.

Yep, that was really funny. :congrats:
Reply 4
Hargreaves Lansdown is a FTSE100 Stockbroker, based in Bristol. FO/MO is possible outside London. Also BarCap have a big IB risk office in Manchester. I'm sure there are others.
Reply 5
Original post by loafer
Oh **** Hargreaves Lansdown really? Where can I apply?

Yep, it shows that if the best I could come up with off the top of my head were HL and one BarCap Office, then clearly London is where you will find 99% of the UK IB workforce.

btw loafer if you are interested: http://www.h-l.co.uk/about-us/careers
I'm sure they would be glad to have you.
Reply 6
DB BO @ Birmingham
Original post by Smtn
DB BO @ Birmingham

Isn't it JPM?
Original post by CityTrader
Isn't it JPM?

No, JPM is in Bournemouth.

MS BO in Glasgow (although I'm not sure why you'd rather Glasgow than London but oh well).
Reply 9
RBS are nextdoor to DB in Birmingham, but unsure what they do there
why not london?
RBS and Barclays in Leeds

Otherwise its Ernst & Young and PwC in CorpFin or M&A

tbh London is ths shizz when it comes to IB, its the financial hub of the UK!
lolz investment banking outside of London is like trading equities in Dallas.
Reply 13
RBS, JP Morgan, HBOS in Edinburgh. Also LOADS of fund management companies (like BlackRock etc).
Original post by Michel Foucault
No, JPM is in Bournemouth.

MS BO in Glasgow (although I'm not sure why you'd rather Glasgow than London but oh well).

Yep you are right. sorry I misread.
Reply 15
Original post by Smtn
RBS are nextdoor to DB in Birmingham, but unsure what they do there

RBS have a huge campus operation in Manchester as well.
fund management in Edinburgh, Rothschild have offices aroudn teh country as well
Reply 17
Rothschild in Leeds, Manchester and Birmingham. Barclays PE in Birmingham. RBS in Birmingham also, if I recall.

Bb
Reply 18
BNP Paribas have a presence in Glasgow, but you'd probably rather live and work in Kabul instead of the crack capital of Glasgow.
Reply 19
Do you get the same salary outwith London? Therefore, proportionately making more?

Only reason I can see for going elsewhere.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending