Why isn't there any solidarity in the black community? Watch

Silver Arrow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Why aren't there any black businesses? I just got back from my barber shop and he's an Asian guy (he speaks Arabic) Everywhere i look all i see are Chinese, Indian,Thai, Asian e.t.c owned and run businesses. They get really rich because of it. Today i walked past their businesses and saw an E55 AMG, SL55 AMG and an Aston Martin DBS all parked outside. All races that i know of stick and help each other. E.g Chinese help Chinese, Indian help Indians e.t.c
Why can't black people do this and get their act together. There have been Caribbeans livivng her since the 50's and they've achieved NOTHING!
In the US it's slightly better as many rappers beciome rich but there still isn't any black solidarity whatsoever despite being there for the best part of 500 years.
WTF IS GOING ON??
Don't even dare call me a racist because i'm black and i'm in disbelief at what i see.

Have a look at this. It's a little bit long bt it's really clever and just absolutely BONE CHILLING!
http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publ..._a_Slave.shtml
Tha_Black_Shinobi
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Where the hell do you live that you are black and go to an Asian barber? :lolwut:
Silver Arrow
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tha_Black_Shinobi)
Where the hell do you live that you are black and go to an Asian barber? :lolwut:
Swansea. Now are you going to answer my question?
SteveCrain
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'll have you know black communities form some of the worlds most successful gangs
Theconomist
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
They have RAP.
Hylean
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hmm, doing well financially and having solidarity are two different things.
Silver Arrow
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hylean)
Hmm, doing well financially and having solidarity are two different things.
Explain
JaiiStarh
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I understand what you're saying to an extent,but to be fair,you live in Swansea. Your perception may be slightly bias.

In London,Luton,Bedford (all places I have lived) I have never seen or heard of a black barbers which wasn't owned by a black person :confused: There are also many African Caribbean restaurants owned by black people when you go to more urban areas.

Both my parents own their own successful businesses. My Dad also volunteers helping other black businesses push through as it a known fact that black businesses seem to have some sort of trouble when it comes to establishing themselves for many different reasons.

I think your perception is slightly warped though,perhaps this is because where you live? You're really making things sound much worse then they actually are. Black people have come a long way in Britain and I think its quite disgraceful that you're saying that your Grandparents,and other peoples Grandparents have achieved nothing. You really need to learn your history.
fallout201
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I live in South London and there are plenty of businesses owned by black people although it tends to just be a numerous barbers and hairdressers, but I'm sure that they are still profiting. And I don't live in Swansea, but I'm assuming there is a small black population, therefore it is less likely you'll see black people with businesses there right?
Silver Arrow
Rep:
?
(Original post by JaiiStarh)
I understand what you're saying to an extent,but to be fair,you live in Swansea. Your perception may be slightly bias.

In London,Luton,Bedford (all places I have lived) I have never seen or heard of a black barbers which wasn't owned by a black person :confused: There are also many African Caribbean restaurants owned by black people when you go to more urban areas.

Both my parents own their own successful businesses. My Dad also volunteers helping other black businesses push through as it a known fact that black businesses seem to have some sort of trouble when it comes to establishing themselves for many different reasons.

I think your perception is slightly warped though,perhaps this is because where you live? You're really making things sound much worse then they actually are. Black people have come a long way in Britain and I think its quite disgraceful that you're saying that your Grandparents,and other peoples Grandparents have achieved nothing. You really need to learn your history.
Actually i moved here with my parents when i was young. We are first generation if you like. Nobody in my family excepct my two younger cousins were born here and they were born in Scotland.
Tha_Black_Shinobi
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Silver Arrow)
Swansea. Now are you going to answer my question?
Because you live in Swansea. A city with barely any black people.
JaiiStarh
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Actually i moved here with my parents when i was young. We are first generation if you like. Nobody in my family excepct my two younger cousins were born here and they were born in Scotland.

Okay,well there are many Caribbeans that came to England on The Windrush who have done great things for Britain. I know the majority of the older generation chose to invest their money back in the Caribbean. For example,my Grandparents worked over here,but invested in lots of land in Jamaica and are profiting in that way.
So where did you originally move from?
Silver Arrow
Rep:
?
Okay,well there are many Caribbeans that came to England on The Windrush who have done great things for Britain. I know the majority of the older generation chose to invest their money back in the Caribbean. For example,my Grandparents worked over here,but invested in lots of land in Jamaica and are profiting in that way.
So where did you originally move from?
Africa, and that's all you need to know
JaiiStarh
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Africa, and that's all you need to know
Erm okay :confused:

Well I don't know much about when/how/why Africans came to Britain,but there are many black businesses around,especially African owned. You definitely need to open your eyes more and travel around.
Silver Arrow
Rep:
?
Erm okay :confused:

Well I don't know much about when/how/why Africans came to Britain,but there are many black businesses around,especially African owned. You definitely need to open your eyes more and travel around.
Ok
SpriteOrSevenUp
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
To a certain extent I agree OP, but, in East London we have a fair amount of black barbers and Caribbean/African restaurants. I do agree though that there are very few black businesses compared to Asian ones.

What I've always wondered is why are the owners of Afro/Caribbean hair shops always Asian?? It's always confused me. I'm not complaining though!
Drunk Punx
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There's a Caribbean bloke who owns a shop near to where I live. I bought some Bigga off of him the other day, proper tasty drink. We've started going in there to get our munch instead of going to Co-op :ahee:

I really don't see how them helping each other means they're going to get rich... surely it just means more competition?
Deyn_08
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SpriteOrSevenUp)
To a certain extent I agree OP, but, in East London we have a fair amount of black barbers and Caribbean/African restaurants. I do agree though that there are very few black businesses compared to Asian ones.

What I've always wondered is why are the owners of Afro/Caribbean hair shops always Asian?? It's always confused me. I'm not complaining though!
this has always irked me.:mad:

asians are profiting from the black multi-million hair buisness.
anonstudent1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Deyn_08)

Apparently that was what was really behind the race riots between blacks and asians in Birmingham 2005 in lozells.
SpriteOrSevenUp
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Deyn_08)

I guess if black people aren't willing to utilise the market then someone else will.

We can't really complain!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (253)
39.1%
No - but I will (44)
6.8%
No - I don't want to (47)
7.26%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (303)
46.83%

Watched Threads