thunder_cat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
what is up with metal t-shirts now!?
For example:
http://www.rockworldeast.com/store/C...hirt_Sacrifice

What is up with this shirt? is it really necessary to have people want ot puke when they look at you?

Now maybe its just me, but I sure do prefer shirts like Metallica and "Ride the Lightning"

What about you guys, do you like shirts that are horribly graphic, like people being ripped apart? Do you think other people judge you?
Circadian_Rhythm
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Cattle Decapitation

One of the finest art forms of the 21st century :pierre:
Bslforever
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What more did you expect from a cattle decapitation shirt...
69Crazyfists
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Only brutal* bands do things like that. Good metal t-shirts are the ones like this That's a piece of art.

*Brutal in this case being the new age scene deathcore/grindcore bands.
Harry.C
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think wearing a metal t-shirt would be quite stiff! Like putting too much starch on your shirts lol!
member520746
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by 69Crazyfists)
Only brutal* bands do things like that. Good metal t-shirts are the ones like this That's a piece of art.

Incorrect.

I used to wear shirts like that when I was like 13. I quickly grew out of deliberate shock tactics, identifying myself with a subculture of socially retarded lunatics just because we like the same music, and dressing like a general ****.
Nichrome
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by 69Crazyfists)

It's Brutal Death/Slam metal bands that do this, not Deathcore, they're two seperate sub-genres (they both suck though).

(Original post by thunder_cat)
what is up with metal t-shirts now!?
For example:
http://www.rockworldeast.com/store/C...hirt_Sacrifice

What is up with this shirt? is it really necessary to have people want ot puke when they look at you?

Now maybe its just me, but I sure do prefer shirts like Metallica and "Ride the Lightning"

What about you guys, do you like shirts that are horribly graphic, like people being ripped apart? Do you think other people judge you?
Well there aren't many t-shirts that are like this since Brutal Death is a fairly minority genre overall. I think some gory (old school) death metal shirts are pretty cool and can be tasteful like Autopsy 'Mental Funeral', but this new age Brutal over the top alien gore stuff is just ****ing stupid. I have a mate really into it who wears this shirt which has a picture from the POV of a guy raping this woman while slashing her throat with blood all over his ****. It's just ****ing stupid.
thunder_cat
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nichrome)
I have a mate really into it who wears this shirt which has a picture from the POV of a guy raping this women while slashing her throat with blood all over his ****. It's just ****ing stupid.

that is just awful. what band has that?
69Crazyfists
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's Brutal Death/Slam metal bands that do this, not Deathcore, they're two seperate sub-genres (they both suck though).
Yeh I guess deathcore shirts aren't as bad. They are still ****ing stupid looking.
Drunk Punx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
http://www.cmdistro.com/images/xlarge/PKG000442.jpg

My Alcest t-shirt isn't gory, what are you on about? :lol:
Neither is my Exiled From Light t-shirt, actually.

There are many metal bands that don't have gory t-shirts, it's mainly the goregrind/death metal ones that do, and because goregrind is a fairly... minute corner (for lack of a better way of saying it that doesn't have me looking like an elitist) of the metal scene, and there are many death metal bands that don't have gory t-shirts, then you end up with a small amount of gory t-shirts :awesome:
Nichrome
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
that is just awful. what band has that?
The band is some terrible, generic Brutal Death band called 'Guttural Secrete'. This is the image if you fancy getting offended:

Spoiler:
Show
Manitude
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
>Implying all metal bands are brutal death/goregrind who resort to shock tactics instead of playing good music (not saying all metal bands with gory shirts are bad...but I think it probably correlates reasonably well)

Posting for epicness.
RequiemForADream
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The band is some terrible, generic Brutal Death band called 'Guttural Secrete'. This is the image if you fancy getting offended:

Spoiler:
Show
Woah, that's messed up right there :|
thunder_cat
Rep:
?
(Original post by Manitude)
>Implying all metal bands are brutal death/goregrind who resort to shock tactics instead of playing good music (not saying all metal bands with gory shirts are bad...but I think it probably correlates reasonably well)

Posting for epicness.
these shirts are nice, i wouldn't mind wearing shirts like that. the brutal slaying of people and animals, however, not so much.
Lamptastic
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Urgh the brutal Tees are sick, just blood and **** and rape urgh.

Love some metal Tees though.
Manitude
  • Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
these shirts are nice, i wouldn't mind wearing shirts like that. the brutal slaying of people and animals, however, not so much.
I wouldn't personally wear them or like the music much, but I have no problem with other people wearing them.
You can put brutal death metal and gory horror films in the same boat. They're not for everyone but you shouldn't stop other people enjoying them!

Also another thing to note is that a lot of effort and thought goes into the art sometimes:
(I know it's not gory, but it is creepy)
It may interest you to know that Chuck Shuldiner (the frontman of Death) died of a brain tumour because he couldn't afford the surgery, despite the best efforts of those in the metal community.
greebo-man
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Say what you will about metal bands; their sense of liberty in band names are, in my opinion, unparalleled in the music world. my personal fave: Flagitious Idiosyncrasy in the Dilapidation.

followed closely by the peoples choice, dead foetus
SchadenfreudeDude
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JCC-MGS)
Incorrect.

I used to wear shirts like that when I was like 13. I quickly grew out of deliberate shock tactics, identifying myself with a subculture of socially retarded lunatics just because we like the same music, and dressing like a general ****.
Amen!
Manitude
  • Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by greebo-man)
Say what you will about metal bands; their sense of liberty in band names are, in my opinion, unparalleled in the music world. my personal fave: Flagitious Idiosyncrasy in the Dilapidation.

followed closely by the peoples choice, dead foetus
Nah man - it's all about Cattle Decapitation and Spermswamp
metalthrashin'mad
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I wear them because I like the band, and if I like the art on it. I love the artwork for my gorey slayer t shirt as much as my the doors t shirt. If anyone has a problem with it they need to mellow the **** out and stop taking everything so goddamn seriously.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (129)
38.62%
No - but I will (19)
5.69%
No - I don't want to (25)
7.49%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (161)
48.2%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise