Possible to study business at a good uni with only a "C" in math? Watch

Shawnee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
First of all I apologize for any spelling mistakes, I am not a native english speaker (Germany).

I am really interested in studying business / economics / management in the UK, especially in Scotland. I graduated from grammar school with "Abitur" which is similar to the "A-levels" with 1.8 (probably what you call "ABB").

Of course I would like to study at the best university which is possible for me. I know the top universities like cambridge, oxford, LSE are with an ABB just a dream. But my favourite, the University of Edinburgh, should be an option. But my biggest problem are my grades in math, I haven´t choosen it for my final exams, nor I have been any good: First year 10 and 10 points, second 8 and 8, which is overall probably an "C".

Do all good universities look an the grade in math? Do I have any chance at universities like Edinburgh, Glasgow, Sheffield, Nottingham, King´s College, Durham? I guess it probably depend on which I choose as well, if economics or "just" business.
D&D
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The university will likely accept but if you want a numerate career it will not look good.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (256)
39.02%
No - but I will (45)
6.86%
No - I don't want to (47)
7.16%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (308)
46.95%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed