4 rejections 2 years running Watch

telephone
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
What is the best thing to do if you are caught in the situation of a failed reapplication?
telephone
Rep:
?
I'm only reapplying for the first time this year btw, just wondering if it all goes pear shaped again as it may well do.
awais590
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Either apply for the foundation year degree or choose another career.
mclovin123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comment...or_the_second/

Never give up. Wether you go for graduate entry or reaply.
telephone
Rep:
?
(Original post by awais590)
For a foundation year don't you have to have either the wrong a levels or not have the grades because of your school, I will hopefully have the grades in the right a levels so wouldn't that make me ineligible for a foundation course?
theatrical
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by telephone)
For a foundation year don't you have to have either the wrong a levels or not have the grades because of your school, I will hopefully have the grades in the right a levels so wouldn't that make me ineligible for a foundation course?
Exactly, if you have the grades in the right subjects then you're even less likely to get onto a foundation course than a standard one.

If I was a reapplicant that didn't get in second time around, I'd re-think my options. I wouldn't spend another year applying.
theatrical
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by awais590)
Why would applying to the foundation courses help?
futuredoc77
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
:sigh:

Try for the third time, or settle for something else... there's also the medicine abroad option :moon:
God_X
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Accept the fact that you're not clever enough for medicine, and so do biochemistry instead.
Pixiefairy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Never say never?
theseeker
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What is the best thing to do if you are caught in the situation of a failed reapplication?
Keep on trying. Don't give up. Have a gap year, do work experience, if your grades weren't great, redo them and reapply. Make sure you have work experience if you do choose to have a gap year.
username739587
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by God_X)
Accept the fact that you're not clever enough for medicine, and so do biochemistry instead.
You really don't need to be clever for medicine, just about average intelligence, with a lot of motivation. I'd say being able to relate to people is much more important than being a Nobel - prize winner.

On topic, I would recommend putting down a fifth choice as biology (if that interests you). Did you know, all Americans HAVE do to a bio degree before med. anyways?
BackDoorEntry
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Keep going. Volunteer, do work experience, get as many contacts in the industry as possible!

Get a job too, to keep you busy through your application cycle. If you want to be a doctor you can become one, it just takes hard hard work!
telephone
Rep:
?
(Original post by God_X)
If I didn't get in it would not have been because I wasn't clever enough, and your reply suggests you are indeed not clever as an intelligent person would not post such an ignorant reply.
telephone
Rep:
?
(Original post by futuredoc77)
:sigh:

Try for the third time, or settle for something else... there's also the medicine abroad option :moon:
Sorry to see you are in this situation, what are you planning to do?
haleem
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Improve UKCAT and re-apply!! :woo:
futuredoc77
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sorry to see you are in this situation, what are you planning to do?
A combination of my first and second options :ninjagirl:

^ Listen to that guy :yep:
anon2010
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Work out where you application is lacking. If you are not getting a good UKCAT then do better. If you are getting a good UKCAT then it could be the unis your applying to or you PS that is letting you down. If you are getting an interview but not getting an offer then you need to improve in your interview technique.

You could definitely re-apply but only if you make worthy changes to your application. Applying with the same application every year will get you no where.
i'm no superman
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by haleem)
Improve UKCAT and re-apply!! :woo:
OP, this dude is living proof. He got rejected eight consecutive times...applied for the third time and got a full house of offers.
haleem
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by i'm no superman)
OP, this dude is living proof. He got rejected eight consecutive times...applied for the third time and got a full house of offers.
Ganemo :teeth:

Hows your SSC, or whateva crap you were doing?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (112)
38.75%
No - but I will (13)
4.5%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.92%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (144)
49.83%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise