I have just realised that I am stupid Watch

Danger Line
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hello, I used to have a TSR account but, I banned it by request the other day thinking it would help me with my revision. Anyway here I am again.

Essentially, I have just realised that I am stupid. I go to a very good university doing a course I enjoy but, I am socially awkward, don't have very good social skills, I suffer from depression, I eat junk food when I'm unhappy in order to make myself happy for a short period of time before I feel like **** again, I never learn from my mistakes I just dwell on them and make the same mistake multiple times, I don't have many friends, I waste my money on crap I don't need, I never stick to my goals and whenever I try to change myself I end up failing, I've not been laid in ages, I'm arrogant and think I'm intelligent when I'm not, I annoy other people and don't even realise it, I'm obnoxioius.

I would go on but, at the moment I'm not as sad as I was earlier because I've just finished off a 200g Packet of Crisps. Anyway as I said although I might be intelligent cognitively I feel as if I am absolutely stupid with regards to my social life (or metacognitives or whatever it's called), I am just an idiot.

Anyone else feel like this or know how to fix it?
Cheers
Danger Line
Rep:
?
Anyone? At All? I know I sound pathetic but, hey
the_decider
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i like you
j.laurence
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The H&R section on TSR never ceases to amaze me.
scotttb
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Danger Line)
I eat junk food when I'm unhappy in order to make myself happy for a short period of time before I feel like **** again, I never learn from my mistakes I just dwell on them and make the same mistake multiple times, I waste my money on crap I don't need, I never stick to my goals and whenever I try to change myself I end up failing, I'm arrogant and think I'm intelligent when I'm not, I annoy other people and don't even realise it, I'm obnoxioius.

this pretty much sums up most of tsr
Charlotte_19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Nobody is stupid! Everyone has the same capacity to learn and use social skills. There is no need to be down about things! Whenever you feel down just remined yourself that there are people a lot worse of than you all over the world, so think positive, keep going and never give up. Write your targets down on a piece of paper and put it on your wall somewhere, each day look at them and ask yourself, what progress have I made? If you haven't, ask why? How can you improve?
Destroyviruses
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hello, I used to have a TSR account but, I banned it by request the other day thinking it would help me with my revision. Anyway here I am again.

Essentially, I have just realised that I am stupid. I go to a very good university doing a course I enjoy but, I am socially awkward, don't have very good social skills, I suffer from depression, I eat junk food when I'm unhappy in order to make myself happy for a short period of time before I feel like **** again, I never learn from my mistakes I just dwell on them and make the same mistake multiple times, I don't have many friends, I waste my money on crap I don't need, I never stick to my goals and whenever I try to change myself I end up failing, I've not been laid in ages, I'm arrogant and think I'm intelligent when I'm not, I annoy other people and don't even realise it, I'm obnoxioius.

I would go on but, at the moment I'm not as sad as I was earlier because I've just finished off a 200g Packet of Crisps. Anyway as I said although I might be intelligent cognitively I feel as if I am absolutely stupid with regards to my social life (or metacognitives or whatever it's called), I am just an idiot.

Cheers
Yeah I do sometimes. But I just focus on my strengths or my mum/siblings . I felt better the other day after crying. Write in a diary, and um focus on the lovely weather! Try to make healthier dietary choices! x
Pn94
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Stfu.
proud nd luvin it
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
http://files.sharenator.com/Meanwhil...-46576-580.jpg

:teehee:
Refrigerator
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Watch 'Modern Family' - it will really cheer you up
paul_blakeman
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Cheers
Most of what you say sounds like you are a normal human being! I eat junk food when I'm down, and regret it, I never learn from my mistakes, I set myself goals and don't reach them (I should be revising at the moment ). I am similar to this, I didn't really have any friends until I joined the local football team when I was 14. From then on it has been onwards and upwards! Luckily you won't need to prove you're good at sport as people won't be as shallow as in their teenage years, but just get out there and get involved! If there is someone you speak to particularly on your course, ask them for a drink (if they are a guy or a girl, it doesn't matter!). Join a society, they are perfect for meeting friends! Start volunteering or looking for a job. My main point is jsut get out there and be around people. It'll take time to become completely confident, but you will be able to develop your social skills.

And then you can be more than just cognitively intelligent
paul_blakeman
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Pn94)
Stfu.
Have some respect! This is a place where people can talk about their problems, and where people can help. If you have nothing nice to say, just leave it out!
User570431
Report 7 years ago
This is as bad as...
http://funnypiclol.com/wp-content/up..._1-550x487.jpg
mathew551
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I went for a period making the same mistake over and over and over again without realising. I felt so stupid when I did realise.

You may want to swap that packet of crisps for a plum next time.
LeeC
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You know to fix it, stop being a knob for one. Just think about what you say, and how much of a **** you must look when you are being arrogant. At the same time, remember that not everybody will agree with your opinions all of the time. Then concentrate on how to get yourself better motivated.
Pn94
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by paul_blakeman)
Have some respect! This is a place where people can talk about their problems, and where people can help. If you have nothing nice to say, just leave it out!
Indeed, this is a counselling site.
Danger Line
Rep:
?
(Original post by j.laurence)
The H&R section on TSR never ceases to amaze me.
Trust, I think the same thing
Danger Line
Rep:
?
(Original post by Charlotte_19)
Nobody is stupid! Everyone has the same capacity to learn and use social skills. There is no need to be down about things! Whenever you feel down just remined yourself that there are people a lot worse of than you all over the world, so think positive, keep going and never give up. Write your targets down on a piece of paper and put it on your wall somewhere, each day look at them and ask yourself, what progress have I made? If you haven't, ask why? How can you improve?
Cheers for the helpful comment, although it's so hard to be positive. I have tried writing my goals down and sticking it on my wall yet, I still never seem to make any progress. I feel emotionally drained, like I'm ready to give up
Danger Line
Rep:
?
(Original post by LeeC)
You know to fix it, stop being a knob for one. Just think about what you say, and how much of a **** you must look when you are being arrogant. At the same time, remember that not everybody will agree with your opinions all of the time. Then concentrate on how to get yourself better motivated.
It's not really the arrogance, I don't act arrogant around other people I just feel arrogant in a way. I know that others will disagree and I'm fine with that.
I'm quite socially awkward around other people and it makes me come off as a weirdo. I will try to be better motivated though, thanks
Danger Line
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pn94)
Indeed, this is a counselling site.
That is pretty much what H&R is for
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (385)
37.23%
No - but I will (80)
7.74%
No - I don't want to (72)
6.96%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (497)
48.07%

Watched Threads