Chances of getting my first choice accommodation for my insurance? Watch

jackmyswag
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I really doubt now that I'm going to get into my firm choice (leeds) and I'm preparing myself in my mind that I'm going to my insurance (sheffield hallam) I'm not too bothered... I really love the city for my insurance, possibly more than the firm choice, but obviously the uni isn't as good.

I applied for accommodation for my insurance a few months ago right when it first opened up and put Charlotte Court as my first choice. I did some research before hand and Charlotte Court is apparently one of the choices not so many people pick, but turns out to be one of the overall best places to stay. (This is also what I did with Leeds and Lupton)

Do I have any chance of getting these halls or are insurance people always shoved into the scummiest halls going?
paul_blakeman
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
lower than if sheffield was your first (obviously!), but there is still a chance. Insurance people can still get good accomodation, and what is 'good' is subjective! Whatever happens, even if you don't get into Charlotte Court, you will have a great time, meet lots of great people etc...
jackmyswag
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by paul_blakeman)
lower than if sheffield was your first (obviously!), but there is still a chance. Insurance people can still get good accomodation, and what is 'good' is subjective! Whatever happens, even if you don't get into Charlotte Court, you will have a great time, meet lots of great people etc...
'17 - If I change my offer status from 'insurance' to 'first choice', what do I need to do?

Contact Accommodation Services and let them know of any changes. Please be aware that late applications and those which are a result of clearing or insurance choices cannot be guaranteed allocation where demand is high. In exceptional circumstances applications will be referred to our expertly organised househunting events.'

Saw that on the hallam accommodation FAQ page, now I'm really worried! I don't want to end up having to share a house or go private or whatever! The halls experience is very important to me. I'm seriously considering just dropping my firm so my insurance comes first place. Urgh I'm so confused, I don't know what to do
paul_blakeman
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jackmyswag)
'17 - If I change my offer status from 'insurance' to 'first choice', what do I need to do?

Contact Accommodation Services and let them know of any changes. Please be aware that late applications and those which are a result of clearing or insurance choices cannot be guaranteed allocation where demand is high. In exceptional circumstances applications will be referred to our expertly organised househunting events.'

Saw that on the hallam accommodation FAQ page, now I'm really worried! I don't want to end up having to share a house or go private or whatever! The halls experience is very important to me. I'm seriously considering just dropping my firm so my insurance comes first place. Urgh I'm so confused, I don't know what to do
Well of course it is unlikely, because hall's do fill up, but I would be surprised if they had no spaces left at all! It depends how bothered you are about sheffield, it isn't too late to switch your firm if that is the option you are sure that you want
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (125)
39.06%
No - but I will (17)
5.31%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.25%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (158)
49.38%

Watched Threads