Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was interviewed on the 12th at Emma for English (eek)
    Half way through the text based interview I started to rock to imitate the rhythm in the poem
    I bet they thought I was a complete idiot!!
    Meh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronove)
    I met a girl at Trinity who sure as hell thought she'd got one. Her brother was there, a 6th year, and she was so absolutely sure she'd get in. It made me feel quite sick. Some of the first years I talked to thought she was a bit of an idiot too though, so it's not just me!
    I remember my mate moaning about her and how much he hoped she didn't get in.

ReputationRep:
    law
    downing
    6/12

first interview, they were so nice but it was solid law. All scenarios and nothing on ps that id revised so hard for.
    Both interviewers were so nice and welcoming though, particuallry virgo

second interview was alrite. they really stretched me analysing everything I said and the whole interview was based around one scenario. At one point, I was asked q and i looked away desperately thinking but gormless for like 10 seconds before I was helped me out.

so overall, it went pretty good but I dont know if theyll offer me

ReputationRep:
    Nat Sci Biological
    Girton college

was ok i guess
    1st interview 1/2 biology went well. 1/2 of chemistry - absolutely sucked! How was i meant to remember the technique to work out the bond length of benzene??? I know, its Xray Chromotography now ... too late!!!

2nd interview - went really well, they seem to like me!

TSA - that was ok, not too sure how ive done find out soon!

Im so pissed off that OXFORD decisions are out already and we ALL have to wait until jan

good luck guys!

ReputationRep:
    Christ's College for MML (French & German)

Was very scary - the French interview went appallingly badly but hey. We shall see. I'm predicted the right grades (AAAA) and got 5 A's at AS, so everyone reckons I've aced it. But looking around here it becomes obvious that there are SO many more talented people here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joliexlaide)
    I'm predicted the right grades (AAAA) and got 5 A's at AS, so everyone reckons I've aced it.
    Pretty much everyones got straight As. Don't count your chickens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drsmeeth)
    In fairness, I don't think that was what she was doing. She seemed to be expressing the pretty common misconception that her friends/family have, i.e. that if you have good grades then you're guaranteed a place at oxbridge. We (here) all know that's not the case!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by friendlyneutron)
    In fairness, I don't think that was what she was doing. She seemed to be expressing the pretty common misconception that her friends/family have, i.e. that if you have good grades then you're guaranteed a place at oxbridge. We (here) all know that's not the case!
    Thankyou, neutron of the friendly kind. That's exactly what I meant. I'm positive I haven't got in at all. But being the first in the family to go to Uni and having the opportunity to go to Cambridge means that they expect me to get it.

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview at Trinity College for English earlier this month. It wasn't great - haven't really thought about it since. If I get in then cool, if don't then it's no big deal.

ReputationRep:
    ah then ignore me. the neutron of the friendly kind has put me in my place...?

ReputationRep:
    ah then ignore me. the neutron of the friendly kind has put me in my place...?
    I wasn't trying to get at you or owt. ^_^ But ... yeah. Sorry!

ReputationRep:
    College: Selwyn
    Course: Bio Nat Sci
    How was it? OK. Well it was nothing like the rumours say, just a talk about some interesting things were we explored beyond the A-level. i had to have an opinion on something (which i didnt back up, damm damm , strange i usually like debating and arguing but he slipped it in without me noticing and ..... the opportunity was gone. DAMM) apart from that you need solid (but not detailed ) A-level knowledge and an ability to listen really is helpful. ie. dont ignore him/her!

I think actually doing everything you did on your statement is preparation enough, ie he asked me about my flying solo.

You dont need to stay out of school the week before as if its going to be some sort of mega AEA paper in all your A-levels, that would be just stupid............... yes that really
    would be a stupid idea .

Anyway good luck to most of you!!

ReputationRep:
    I havent.... Yet!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.