What can I do with leftover clotted cream?

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
colabottles
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I bought a huge tub of clotted cream the other day as a treat for my mum with some scones and jam but we really didn't use much of it at all, and now I'm left with loads of clotted cream that goes out of date today! It's such a shame to waste it too

Anyone have any good recipes (apart from just sticking it on scones) for me?
tigermoth99
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 years ago
You could mix it in mashed potato?
evolutionaryme
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by colabottles)
I bought a huge tub of clotted cream the other day as a treat for my mum with some scones and jam but we really didn't use much of it at all, and now I'm left with loads of clotted cream that goes out of date today! It's such a shame to waste it too
something kinky?
owliver
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Eat it! All!
tigermoth99
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Rice pudding with clotted cream

(Nigel Slater)

Ingredients

60g/2oz short grain pudding rice
3 tbsp demerara sugar
1 bay leaf
1 vanilla pod, split, seeds scraped out
1 litre/1¾ pint whole milk
150g/5½fl oz clotted cream
Preparation method

Preheat the oven to 140C/285F/Gas 1.

Place the rice into a baking dish with the sugar, bay leaf, vanilla pod and seeds and half of the milk. Bake in the oven for one hour, then remove from the oven and stir in the remaining milk and the clotted cream, and discard the vanilla pod.
Return to the oven and bake for another one hour, or until the rice is soft and all the liquid has been absorbed.
Stir in the clotted cream and serve immediately.
paul_blakeman
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
rice pudding!
tigermoth99
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Meringues with clotted cream and strawberries

(Rick Stein)

Ingredients

6 egg whites, at room temperature
350g/12oz caster sugar
300ml/½ pint clotted cream
900g/2lb fresh small strawberries
Preparation method
Preheat the oven to 150C/300F/Gas 2.
Put the egg whites into a large clean bowl and add 110g/4oz of the sugar. Whisk together into soft peaks.
Then, continuing to whisk, gradually add another 110g/4oz of sugar, a spoonful at a time, until the mixture forms stiff peaks.
Gently fold in the remaining sugar.

Shape 20 large spoonfuls of the meringue onto 2 baking sheets lined with non-stick baking paper and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
Lower the oven temperature to 110C/225F/Gas ¼ and cook for a further 2-3 hours until very crisp and dry.
Leave to cool, then store in an air tight tin.
Serve with the clotted cream and strawberries
Funkss!
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Eat as much as you can out the tub :yes:
Bardem
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Fudge?
SpiritedAway
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
With fruit and/or ice cream...or just eat it out of the tub :teeth:
DarkWhite
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Milk and blonde brownies!
Manitude
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Buy more scones and jam. Then when you have leftover scones and jam buy more clotted cream and start a delicious endless cycle of clotted cream, scones and jam.
llama-beans
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Anyone else really fancy some scones now?
Harry.C
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Cover your own and your mums bodies with it, then invite men from the local area to come around and lick it off.
superwolf
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Melt chocolate and make a ganache, then smother a cake in it (especially good if you then put strawberries or raspberries on top).
timeandacrayon
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Eat it with banana for pudding!
Ash_D
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Vaginal rub.
username612415
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Eton mess!
Get strawberry/raspberry jam, some fresh berries, and a meringue nest (Home made or shop bought both work). Crush the meringue nest into chunks, mix the entire lot together with the cream (Fold the jam in so it marbles with the cream rather than mixes), leave to chill in the fridge for an hour. Ridiculously easy and delicious [=
Drunk Punx
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
I think the better question is what can't you do with it
Pi!
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Eat it with a spoon.
X
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (13)
31.71%
Take a gap year (10)
24.39%
Resit my exams (7)
17.07%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (5)
12.2%
I don't know yet (3)
7.32%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
7.32%

Watched Threads