Alternatives to AdSense? Watch

Kagesou
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I know this question has been asked all the time all over the internet, but I felt the need to start my own because none of them were helping me, and it seems like a lot of it depends a lot on what kind of site I'm having.

So recently my girlfriend decided to click on all the ads on my website thinking it would increase my income, not knowing that I would get banned. I never told her this, and she didn't mean any harm so there's nothing I can do. Now I need an alternative since I got banned by adsense. I did appeal but I doubt it's going to do anything.

It's a relatively small website, and probably less than half is US traffic so ones that only pay for US traffic won't be good for me. I get around 500 pageviews a day, not a lot. It's a website aimed at students so I also have a very low CTR.

What do you recommend? At the moment I'm looking at smowtion. Anyone have experience with it? Thanks!
Groat
Badges: 2
Report 7 years ago
If you're only getting 500 pageviews per day, it's unlikely that advertising is worth it. Too many websites nowadays focus all their attention on revenue streams and this detracts from the website, deterring loyal visitors.

My advice would be to continue to develop your website and then re-consider advertising when you have considerably more pageviews per day.
joeb89
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Groat)
If you're only getting 500 pageviews per day, it's unlikely that advertising is worth it. Too many websites nowadays focus all their attention on revenue streams and this detracts from the website, deterring loyal visitors.

My advice would be to continue to develop your website and then re-consider advertising when you have considerably more pageviews per day.
I agree. However, to answer your question i would suggest that ad-brite would be your next best option.
dorkish
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by joeb89)
i would suggest that ad-brite would be your next best option.
Yep, I'd say ad-brite. Although Bidvertiser is also very good. Seeing a lot of it around recently.
hafa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Groat)

This is so true. This is what I'm doing in my case as well, keeping all my sites ad free.
wactm
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Pay per click is the wrong kind of advertising to go for with your amount of traffic. If its aimed at students you might want to look at free prizes CPA banner ads. And im sure there are some college loans (if most of your traffic is american) affiliate programs you can join. Google it
dahokolomoki
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you have a very targeted audience, like UK students, then using affiliate schemes will be best. Identify two or three online stores that have products appealing to students - and then just show those banner ads.

For the amount of traffic you are getting, you're looking at peanuts in terms of CPC or CPA ads.... and adsense is by far the highest paying, so you're kinda out of luck in this regard. My advice is probably only worth concentrating on display ad networks apart from adsense once you get at least 1,500 visits a day.

But if you still want to pursue.... try adBrite. I've been using them, seems reliable, but the CPA is so low I'm even contemplating removing them from the site altogether. Otherwise try Simply.com - sometimes they have really high paying advertisers, but sometimes only cents per CPM.
StatusRed
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Bidvertiser
Ace
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Chitika?
SubSonic912
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ad-Brite, Bidvertiser, Chitika are three of the best. A few offer referal schemes which can be a way of making even more money.
Bella Occhi
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I was thinking of using Kontera, apparently you can use it in conjunction with other ad systems.
SubSonic912
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yes I have used Kontera before, but wouldn't recommend it though.
Bella Occhi
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SubSonic912)
Yes I have used Kontera before, but wouldn't recommend it though.
Why not?
SubSonic912
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have used about 6 different PPC companies in the past, and for some reason I never really stuck with Kontera. I can't remember exactly why, but I think that it just wans't bringing in as much revenue compared to the other companies.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
38.94%
No - but I will (46)
6.78%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.52%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (317)
46.76%

Watched Threads