Any mature students starting September? Watch

Cdan2112
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Ok, so I'm 23, but kinda feeling too old for halls now! Anyone else starting this year and living off campus?? Would be good to know there are some others!
Historiana
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Cdan2112)
Ok, so I'm 23, but kinda feeling too old for halls now! Anyone else starting this year and living off campus?? Would be good to know there are some others!
I'm 20 but turn 21 the week after Freshers. I'm living on campus though, as I've done a year of Uni elsewhere and took a Gap year to apply to Notts.

I feel old, but not old enough to deny myself another Freshers week
krishbish
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I am 22 and going to be doing my masters. I have my own flat in nottingham so I get what you mean by wanting to know there are others there. I also would like to rent out the other room in my flat if anyone is interested lol
username494912
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey. I'll be 25 - practically a fossil - when I start in September, and I'll be in halls. :afraid:

Hopefully the summer will fly in, can't wait to get back to it!
LostRiots
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm 23, too.

Haven't yet applied for accommodation but I think I'll be in halls. I think it'll be okay.
Cdan2112
Rep:
?
(Original post by krishbish)
I am 22 and going to be doing my masters. I have my own flat in nottingham so I get what you mean by wanting to know there are others there. I also would like to rent out the other room in my flat if anyone is interested lol
Thanks for getting in touch guys, made me feel a lot better!
Could be interested in the room if you're still considering renting it out?
Amani-j
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I am an international student, will do a foundation year and I'm older than you all.:unsure: I'm thinking what is best for me to live in campus or off campus ?!
.Inspired
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just turned 21 and I'll be doing my masters as well. You guys should join the facebook group mentioned on this thread :

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1561696

It's a lot of fun and a great way to meet and talk to new people who are all freshers, most undergrads but there are a few postgrads and mature students in there as well.

Everyone is VERY friendly and you won't be so worried once you get chatting with other people and trust me, it's not that hard to get along with people who are younger than you, or people in general actually. You just have to go out there and make it happen. And joining this group will definitely be a start!

Looking forward to seeing you all in September!

Cheers!

x
Matt77
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm so old I went to school with Neanderthals - they were rubbish in lessons but did enjoy the after school clubs...

I'll be at Sutton Bonington and living off campus...in Leicestershire...it's inbetween the main Nottingham campus and the one they have in China
Cdan2112
Rep:
?
Lol ok so I'd just like to clarify that I don't think I'm 'old' - just wanted to check that I'm not the only person who isn't fresh out of college... Definitely looking at halls now, wouldn't wanna be left out!:-)
Matt77
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Definitely look at halls while your young enough to handle the stairs, I'll be in Leicestershire talking about the old times...
Cdan2112
Rep:
?
Haha thanks for the advice! So what are you studying?
Kynthia86
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I am also 25 - will be doing my Masters and be living off-campus.
Glad to hear there are some people around my age.

Let's meet one evening during Freshers' week?
Cdan2112
Rep:
?
Sounds like a great idea:-) am so excited, can't wait to get back to Uni!
acat
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yep, 21 when I'll start. I'm sure it will be fine making friends and stuff as everyone's in the same boat, I'm just concerned that I won't want to hang around with a bunch of 18 year old's still obsessing about where next to put their penis.
Matt77
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Haha thanks for the advice! So what are you studying?
I'm going to be studying nutrition and dietetics. I'm hoping to become the new Gillian McKeith except taller and not so obsessed with poo...oh and have a vague idea about what I'm talking about (but I'm not promising anything...) What are you studying? I hope law, I imagine I'll need a good lawyer at some point...
Cdan2112
Rep:
?
(Original post by Matt77)
I'm going to be studying nutrition and dietetics. I'm hoping to become the new Gillian McKeith except taller and not so obsessed with poo...oh and have a vague idea about what I'm talking about (but I'm not promising anything...) What are you studying? I hope law, I imagine I'll need a good lawyer at some point...
Haha yeah I think the dietetic world needs a better figurehead than the McKeith... That lady is crazy. Aw im afraid im not doing law (tho check out the Facebook link above, there are a LOT of ppl doing it should u ever require one) I'm doing physics, or will vaguely attempt to give it a go
Matt77
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Haha yeah I think the dietetic world needs a better figurehead than the McKeith... That lady is crazy. Aw im afraid im not doing law (tho check out the Facebook link above, there are a LOT of ppl doing it should u ever require one) I'm doing physics, or will vaguely attempt to give it a go
Physics - cool.Gravity is one of my favourite things but am not so fond of the whole blowing cats up in radioactive boxes...although wasps would be fine. You'll be a geek too then...I'm obviously like a really cool geek...like erm...can't really think of anybody right now...Dr Who?
Cdan2112
Rep:
?
(Original post by acat)
Yep, 21 when I'll start. I'm sure it will be fine making friends and stuff as everyone's in the same boat, I'm just concerned that I won't want to hang around with a bunch of 18 year old's still obsessing about where next to put their penis.
Hi, totally agree - there's nothing to worry about! Are you going to be staying in halls or off campus?
acat
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi, totally agree - there's nothing to worry about! Are you going to be staying in halls or off campus?
Oh I just realised this is for Nottingham..I just clicked the link on the side bar :confused: I'll be in halls elsewhere though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Nottingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
    Fri, 13 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (213)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
7%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.63%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (256)
47.15%

Watched Threads