Anybody doing physics at uclan? Watch

Cdan2112
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi my names Charlie, starting physics in September:-) at 23 feeling a bit
Old for halls this time round (did a foundation year at Kent) - anybody either also starting physics or also thinking of living off campus?? Would be great to hear from you :-) x
bobdole3141
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey charlie, i've just finished year one of astrophysics at uclan.

I'm 26, living off campus and commuting in, i don't feel left out of things at all, just make friends and get involved, a few (4 or 5 out of 20) of us commute in this year - from chorley, bolton, blackpool, etc. We're always coming in for pub visits and other stuff, we're very much a part of the group.

There you go, you've heard from me! I'll volunteer some info;

This year at UCLAN has been absolutely fantastic, the quality of teaching is amazing, the classes are smaller than your average "big" uni but the quality does not drop along with it. I'm a big fan of astronomy, and i would have to say that the astronomy lecturers so far in year one deserve high praise - i'd not swap them for anyone in the world; watch out for don kurtz, he's an absolute legend, but he marks work like lives depend on it!

We'll be starting a physics society this year so you'll see me, meet me, hear from me if you do join UCLAN, because i'll be press ganging everyone to join it.

If you've got anything you want to ask, feel free. If not, we'll meet in september! Have you been to any of the open days so far? If so you may have seen me already! I'll be at the next open day on 11th June too to speak about the UCLAN-funded trip to beijing institute of technology which 4 of us were priveleged to win this year. Best 2 weeks that i remember ever having. If you want to go to that, i recommend working your nuts off and keep your grades at the top of the class.

That's all i can think of to say, feel free to ask anything you like.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Central Lancashire
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 23 Jun '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 23 Jun '19
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 30 Jun '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (512)
37.67%
No - but I will (106)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (648)
47.68%

Watched Threads