RAF - Entry Date June/July Watch

woodyjam
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey,

I'm just wondering who else has a entry date in these two months, as mine is the 6th July - if I pass my P-RTC this week.

My trade is RAFP (Police), and if you are what trade?
For RAF
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
hey woody,

I have a prtc on 2/3rd of june, so could have an entry date in July, I am personell support. What was your PRTC like? Did you pass??
ProStacker
  • CV Helper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by For RAF)
I have a prtc on 2/3rd of june,
We know - you told us 3 times! Calm down.
Aaoi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I start RTC on June 8th.. getting scared now.. if anyone spots this and has the same date feel free to pm me
For RAF
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
[QUOTE=ProStacker;31303681]We know - you told us 3 times! Calm down.[/QUOTE

Just rather excited :-)
woodyjam
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Yeah, I passed my PRTC and just waiting now till my final interview. Really excited for my 6th July entry date now.
For RAF
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well done Woody! Any tips you can give??
mikestraws
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well done woody, my PRTC is next week and my intake day is also the 6th of July. How did you find PRTC?
mattycarp
Report 7 years ago
got a call this morning to say my prtc is 2 weeks today with rtc on july 22 should i be successful. rtc date being a friday sounds strange though..unless i misheard and the cpl actually said june 22.
really nervous about the msft which is daft as i know i'm fit enough ha ha. gonna just hit the gym most days before i go now.
probably gonna have to see if i can head down there the night before as well as there are no trains early enough to get me there for 10.30 and i cba with driving.

anyone else got the above dates?
For RAF
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hiya Matty,

my PRTC is also 2nd June, will see you there. I think I'm going to stay in a hotel the night before and its a 3 hour drive for me. I haven't been given a date for rtc though if I were to pass. What trade you goin for?
Aaoi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by For RAF)
Hiya Matty,

my PRTC is also 2nd June, will see you there. I think I'm going to stay in a hotel the night before and its a 3 hour drive for me. I haven't been given a date for rtc though if I were to pass. What trade you goin for?
To be honest most people have long journeys there. I had to get up at 4 to get me there for 10.30 and lots of people were in the same boat. I took it as good practice for RTC where I'll be knackered all the time
mattycarp
Report 7 years ago
hi for raf trade i'm going for is gen tech electrical.

re the hotel, can you not arrange to stay at halton on the wednesday night? that was what i was hoping to do as the earliest train from grimsby doesn't get to wendover until 10.45.
Aaoi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mattycarp)
hi for raf trade i'm going for is gen tech electrical.

re the hotel, can you not arrange to stay at halton on the wednesday night? that was what i was hoping to do as the earliest train from grimsby doesn't get to wendover until 10.45.
I thought the latest they would pick you up from wendover was 11.00? We had peeps on our prtc who arrived as late at 12.30, and one who barely made it... I'm sure the AFCO will arrange the extra night though if you have to travel that far. That said, it's pretty fun to stand in london marlybone and try and spot all the folks going to halton panicked faces and all necking lucozade!
Inch High DI
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Aaoi)
I thought the latest they would pick you up from wendover was 11.00? We had peeps on our prtc who arrived as late at 12.30, and one who barely made it... I'm sure the AFCO will arrange the extra night though if you have to travel that far. That said, it's pretty fun to stand in london marlybone and try and spot all the folks going to halton panicked faces and all necking lucozade!
With effect from 2 Jun PRTC will commence at 1100, you need to be there by 1030. To this end, if you are unable to arrive by that time, you need to contact you AFCO and ask them to arrange an early arrival for you on the Wednesday and book you accommodation.
stereostar
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mattycarp)
got a call this morning to say my prtc is 2 weeks today with rtc on july 22 should i be successful. rtc date being a friday sounds strange though..unless i misheard and the cpl actually said june 22.
really nervous about the msft which is daft as i know i'm fit enough ha ha. gonna just hit the gym most days before i go now.
probably gonna have to see if i can head down there the night before as well as there are no trains early enough to get me there for 10.30 and i cba with driving.

anyone else got the above dates?
I'd ring up and double check that date, pretty sure I read that RTC day 0 is ALWAYS a wednesday...
http://www.raf.mod.uk/rafhalton/abou...gprogramme.cfm

Also I've got Pre-RTC on 2/3 June :cool: The trade Im going for is Personnel support.
Jess_ica
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi

I'm going for pers support and I passed my medical and fitness a week ago.

I rang the AFCO and my application is pending to wait for other pers support people to be at the same stage because there's not enough at the minute apparently.

Has anyone else been told this or similar?

Jess
stereostar
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jess_ica)
Hi

I'm going for pers support and I passed my medical and fitness a week ago.

I rang the AFCO and my application is pending to wait for other pers support people to be at the same stage because there's not enough at the minute apparently.

Has anyone else been told this or similar?

Jess
Hi Jess I'm also going for Pers Support and I haven't heard similar, but I'll tell you my experience. I passed my fitness test in the middle of March and was provisionally booked in for PRE-RTC at the end of March, however the dates came and passed and nothing materialised. I then heard nothing until last week when I was given my PRe-RTC dates of 2-3rd June. I think it's just a case of sitting tight and waiting - it's a bit frustrating at times but hopefully it will be worth the wait
Jess_ica
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
How did you do in your fitness?
Good luck!! I bet you can't wait I just really wanna crack on now!!

Which AFCO you with?

Jess
stereostar
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Fitness test was fine, though I've let it slip a little since then, started back training again other week and gonna get some decent training sessions in before next week, hopefully it will be enough.

I'm with the Preston AFCO
Jess_ica
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
sureee you'll be fine!!

ahh I'm at Sheffield!

Jess
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (381)
37.39%
No - but I will (78)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (71)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (489)
47.99%

Watched Threads