Is it really that easy for girls to make a move? Watch

tresbien
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
When I go clubbing, I'd say I relatively often get off with someone, have only had one one night stand (would quite like more), but I feel like all of the times it's happened, it's been them that's made the move.

Often I see guys iin clubs I think are hot, but would never approach one. Last night I thought a guy was good looking when I was dancing with my friends, but couldn't really bring myself to hint it to him.

What do you do in that situation, when you see a guy you like and you have at least acknowledged eachother's existence, but he doesn't seem to be making an approach? I feel like I'm not forward enough to outwardly grind on them without them starting it... is a smile enough?
sil3nt_cha0s
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Smiling at a random person to get them to approach you or let them know you're interested is just strange. I really don't get why people suggest it on TSR as if they think it's good advice.

You don't like grinding but on a dancefloor with loud music where people can barely hear each other and if it's dark they can't see each other too well, it's the best way. You need to bite the bullet and go for it. Unless you're prepared to literally go up and snog the guy.
rita33
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
well if he doesn't notice you then you would probably need to make him notice you?
but it is best to not seem to desperate.,
that's what i think
JIRAIYA-ERO-SENNIN
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tresbien)
When I go clubbing, I'd say I relatively often get off with someone, have only had one one night stand (would quite like more), but I feel like all of the times it's happened, it's been them that's made the move.

Often I see guys iin clubs I think are hot, but would never approach one. Last night I thought a guy was good looking when I was dancing with my friends, but couldn't really bring myself to hint it to him.

What do you do in that situation, when you see a guy you like and you have at least acknowledged eachother's existence, but he doesn't seem to be making an approach? I feel like I'm not forward enough to outwardly grind on them without them starting it... is a smile enough?
i made a thread about this a few days ago. i think it is much easier than you think; if you think you're physically attractive enough and you like a guy you should approach him. he is quite likely to accept (all things being equal). if you're too afraid to ask him out then give very clear signals and at least try to strike conversation.
tresbien
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
Smiling at a random person to get them to approach you or let them know you're interested is just strange. I really don't get why people suggest it on TSR as if they think it's good advice.

You don't like grinding but on a dancefloor with loud music where people can barely hear each other and if it's dark they can't see each other too well, it's the best way. You need to bite the bullet and go for it. Unless you're prepared to literally go up and snog the guy.
When you put it that way it makes sense. What about the fear of rejection? Or is it only total munter girls that tend to get rejected?

Thanks for all the answers so far
sil3nt_cha0s
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tresbien)
When you put it that way it makes sense. What about the fear of rejection? Or is it only total munter girls that tend to get rejected?

Thanks for all the answers so far
The guy may be shocked to begin with. But don't assume he isn't interested. It will be obvious if he isn't interested. If you're above average looks, just go for it.
teenageclay
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Guys are easy, talk to them, if they're interested and not uber shy they'll take the bait, we're simple creatures
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (214)
39.27%
No - but I will (38)
6.97%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.61%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (257)
47.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed