My grandmother just died Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
She lived in Pakistan with her whole family and had been I'll for a few months but her situation deteriorated the past few days so my dad boarded a flight yesterday and went there. He stayed by her side the whole night but she couldn't recognise anybody and was virtually unconscious the whole time and my dad just called us saying she had passed away.

Thing is, she was horrible to my mum and according to her she wasn't a nice lady but she was great to me. I hope she rests in peace and is in heaven but idk how to react? Thankfully my dad is in Pakistan and my mum isn't really crying thankfully or idk how I'd react.

Sorry I realise it's kind of a useless post but I can't get in touch with my friends right now so had to let it out.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
ill*
M1F2R3
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sorry for your loss, sadly, beating yourself up about it won't resolve anything.
Pixiefairy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi I'm sorry
Broderss
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Death is part of life but I'm sorry to say Heaven does not exist.
username739587
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sorry to hear :<
Take care of your fam at this tough time xx
username739587
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Broderss)
Don't say that sort of thing, you don't know what the OPS beliefs are. If you think heaven exists, it does.
canimakeit
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I know how it feels my one of my Grandmothers is dead as well, sympathies.
RequiemForADream
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sorry for your loss
Stay strong and know that whatever pain she felt is over, and she is free.
ihaveyourcat
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm sorry for your loss OP. I've lost family members recently so I know how tough this must be on your family. Don't feel you have to "react" in a certain way. If you want to cry then cry. If you don't want to don't feel you have to or that you ought to be. Grieve in whatever way feels natural to you
Take care of yourself
Broderss
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by stroppyninja)
Don't say that sort of thing, you don't know what the OPS beliefs are. If you think heaven exists, it does.
Something either exists or it does not. One's belief has no bearing on actual reality. If it makes them feel better they may choose to believe a loved one has gone somewhere nice to act as a coping mechanism, but it doesn't make it actually true.
QStah
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Inali lahi wa ina ilayhi raji'oon

sorry for your loss
Dekota-XS
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
This should be in the chat forum.
Rahul.S
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Rip ur grandma
insignificant
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sorry to hear OP. I've lost both my grandmothers to long term illnesses, so at least your grandma passed away quickly , less pain.
Bella Occhi
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm sorry :console:
Neostigmine
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Death is nothing at all. I have only slipped away into the next room. I am I, and you are you. Whatever we were to each other, that we still are. Call me by my old familiar name, speak to me in the easy way that you always used. Put no difference in your tone, wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow. Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together. Play, smile, think of me, pray for me. Let my name be ever the household word that it always was, let it be spoken without effect, without the trace of a shadow on it.

Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was; there is unbroken continuity. Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight? I am waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just round the corner.

All is well.

Henry Scott Holland (1847-1918)

Despite the religious connotations that I don't adhere to, I love this poem.

So sorry for your loss. Don't feel obliged to feel anything, just do whatever feels right.
senator88
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sorry for your loss, it will feel horrible now but just cry all you need to and eventually you will move on
Sadian
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Broderss)
This topic doesn't need that. Take your atheist arguments out of here.
senator88
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by BethaneyJ)
Death is nothing at all. I have only slipped away into the next room. I am I, and you are you. Whatever we were to each other, that we still are. Call me by my old familiar name, speak to me in the easy way that you always used. Put no difference in your tone, wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow. Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together. Play, smile, think of me, pray for me. Let my name be ever the household word that it always was, let it be spoken without effect, without the trace of a shadow on it.

Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was; there is unbroken continuity. Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight? I am waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just round the corner.

All is well.

Henry Scott Holland (1847-1918)

Despite the religious connotations that I don't adhere to, I love this poem.

So sorry for your loss. Don't feel obliged to feel anything, just do whatever feels right.
Wow, thats so nice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (125)
39.06%
No - but I will (17)
5.31%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.25%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (158)
49.38%

Watched Threads