Fake Tan Watch

Turnerf
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Heeyy

I have my leavers ball coming up on saturday..
if i was rich, id go and get a spray tan, however i am skint (just spent it on shoes!!)
So, ill resort to fake tan, but dont want any disasters!

Advice on best ones please??? Not orange, just a slight tan.. with no streaks/blotches ect

xx
secret_smile
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Buy a gradual tanner. Dove or Garnier are good. Natural colour and no dodgy streaks or orange palm situations.
parasitic
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
streaks and blotches only happen when the user does it wrong.
You have to exfoliate your skin first then apply fake tan.
Better to go for gradual tan buil up, like Dove (I think) has a nice one, your mistakes won't be so apparent if you get it wrong the first time, but enough to look sun kissed. Just apply it daily, every evening, but an hour or so before bed.

For legs, can always wear nice but darker coloured tights to create the illusion of tan.
doodle7
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I use Rimmel sunshimmer. It's wash off so as long as it's not raining you're onto a winner! Also, it's half price in Tesco at the moment!
Racheld25
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Glad somebody posted this thread. I've been wondering the same.

What do people usually wear on their face?
I mean, surely your normal foundation colour will be lighter than the tan. so do you buy a darker foundation, or just put fake tan on your face?
Turnerf
Rep:
?
(Original post by Racheld25)
Glad somebody posted this thread. I've been wondering the same.

What do people usually wear on their face?
I mean, surely your normal foundation colour will be lighter than the tan. so do you buy a darker foundation, or just put fake tan on your face?

I buy like a tinted moisturiser but for the face... thats good.
And i will invest in a new foundation that like matches the face colour - i don't know how to word that!! Its a foundation, but that changes to the shade of your tan... as my tan will change dramatically over the summer, and im not buying a new foundation every week!!!
Lou..
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I swear by Rimmel Sunshimmer but it does come off when in contact with water. I'd recommend Garnier Ambre Solaire No Streaks Bronzer. It gives a great colour. Apply the night before and touch up in the morning. Sorted!
Hurr Durr
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
roll around in a bath of wotsits
sugar3str
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
fake tan looks **** girls. trust
Turnerf
Rep:
?
(Original post by sugar3str)
fake tan looks **** girls. trust

Not if you get it right, surely?
sugar3str
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Turnerf)
Not if you get it right, surely?
if it looks natural, but it's usually really obvious and offputting
RahRah09
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sugar3str)
if it looks natural, but it's usually really obvious and offputting
Well, you probably don't know the girl is wearing it if it looks natural, do you? I think more girls use fake tan than you realise.

OP: Fake Bake really is amazing if expensive. Their airbrush self tanner can be worn during the day too. Hawaiian tropic is great too. Both can be used on the face.

I really like L'Oreal's gradual tanners, only you have to buy a different one for face and body which comes to about £20. So you might as well just buy Fake Bake really. You can get 10% off if you sign up on their website.
GenialGermanGent
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Enough time for two session on a sunbed. Get the real thing, it'll look better.
cucumber
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why bother with fake tan? It never looks real, makes me laugh when you see all these girls with their dyed hair and tan on, everyone knows it's not your natural colour.
bansheeee*
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i prefer not to use fake tan, i use Dove Summer glow (for normal to dark skin) to accentuate my olive skin tone. its great!
username494912
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think Loreal Nutri-Summer is really good. Never blotchy and builds up a nice gradual natural looking tan.

That last sentence really is my opinion, I swear I didn't just copy it off the bottle!
Abi24
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Fake Bake ftw and if you're a bit worried, i'm sure they do a "fair" version that is lighter than their original formula.
beeninetytwo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
St. Tropez is good, although it's a tad pricey. It looks all muddy when you first apply it but then when you wash it off it really evens out
LiviD
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i usually use olay gradual tanner on my face and its not really that gradual, but doesnt smell gross. and then either st.tropez or fake bake foam tanner on my legs. i asked my mum to do my body because its hard to do yourself without making a mess. personally i love fake tan! i dont see why people make such a fuss about it. its just like wearing makeup?!
RahRah09
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil)
Enough time for two session on a sunbed. Get the real thing, it'll look better.
Gotta love than skin cancer.

Seriously, don't use sunbeds OP.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (302)
37.52%
No - but I will (61)
7.58%
No - I don't want to (60)
7.45%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (382)
47.45%

Watched Threads