Masquerade Ball Watch

greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Okay so I've got a Masquerade ball coming up

So I need a mask, and a dress and shoes.

Issue is, this isn't any masquerade ball, it's a ceilidh (kinda like Scottish barn-dancing for those who don't know what this is!)

This means my dress preferably should not be strapless (pulling it up while dancing = tricky), have a swirly skirt (because restricted movement isn't good), not be full length (impossible to dance) but can't be so short I'll flash everyone!

Then shoe wise it's best if I wear flats partly for comfort of my own feet, but also because having your feet trodden on at a ceilidh when someone is in heels is PAINFUL!

Mask wise I don't want it to look OTT, I'm quite tempted to just buy a plain mask and decorate it myself to match the dress but if anyone knows where you can find any gorgeous masks, then I would buy one.

There are pics of me on my profile to show you colouring etc. body wise, I'm a bit of a pear shape so dresses nipped in at waist/under bust look best I'm 5ft 4 so not exactly tall

Budget wise, as little as possible, impoverished student etc. etc.

So basically, TSR I need your help! Anyone got any suggestions?

Thank youuu!
owliver
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
Mask wise I don't want it to look OTT, I'm quite tempted to just buy a plain mask and decorate it myself to match the dress but if anyone knows where you can find any gorgeous masks, then I would buy one.
Papier Mache, my sister is making one at the moment for art... Basic plastic mask covered in paper.

See: http://campl.us/2Bw
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
:bump:
ormaybeitsjustnarcissism
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A twirly Collectif dress? They also sell them cheaper on ebay. Most fancy dress shops do gorgeous cheap feathery glittery masks.

Sounds amazing fun!
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
(Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)
A twirly Collectif dress? They also sell them cheaper on ebay. Most fancy dress shops do gorgeous cheap feathery glittery masks.

Sounds amazing fun!
Slightly too formal for me...plus worst leg length possible on me! Just above knee suits me best, otherwise I look mega short!
ormaybeitsjustnarcissism
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
Slightly too formal for me...plus worst leg length possible on me! Just above knee suits me best, otherwise I look mega short!
Haha fair enough! I'm only 5'6 though and never felt that short in those kind of lengths.

Errr this? Not fantastic sorry, I'll have a proper hunt in a bit.
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
(Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)
Haha fair enough! I'm only 5'6 though and never felt that short in those kind of lengths.

Errr this? Not fantastic sorry, I'll have a proper hunt in a bit.
Hmmm not my style at all!

Just remembered my friend is getting me this dress for my birthday

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Primark-Hawaii...#ht_6928wt_907

(the green one)

Too informal?
Becca-Sarah
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
How about this?

Our Halfway Ball recently was masquerade, and I ended up getting a plain black mask on a stick and wrapping wool round it in the same colour as my dress - just thread the wool through the eye holes again and again - and then sewed sequins onto it along the edge. Would probably work with ribbon instead of wool, I just used whatever I had at home!
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
(Original post by Becca-Sarah)
How about this?

Our Halfway Ball recently was masquerade, and I ended up getting a plain black mask on a stick and wrapping wool round it in the same colour as my dress - just thread the wool through the eye holes again and again - and then sewed sequins onto it along the edge. Would probably work with ribbon instead of wool, I just used whatever I had at home!
Ooo I very much might do that with the mask!

I live the dress, but I'd hate wearing flats with it! Would just feel SO wrong y'know?
Khodu
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What about something like this or this with tanned shoes. Or this

this site is really good.

:yy:
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
(Original post by Khodu)
What about something like this or this with tanned shoes. Or this

this site is really good.

:yy:
AWESOME site

love:

http://www.dressingupboxonline.co.uk...t=35&prod=3761 quite simple
http://www.dressingupboxonline.co.uk...t=35&prod=3623 but it's out of stock
http://www.dressingupboxonline.co.uk...t=35&prod=3639
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (541)
37.73%
No - but I will (112)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (97)
6.76%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (684)
47.7%

Watched Threads