High Protein Diet Watch

Terry J
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm on a high protein diet at the moment - I'm doing 5 days of mostly protein ~140g Protein a day and ~40-60g fat per day. Then 5 days of protein with veg at dinner. Most high protein warning are that it's high in fat and can make you ill. i eat mostly healthy sources of protein
- 3 oily fish per week - good fats
- 3 white fish per week - low fat
- lean chicken slices - 2% fat
- Ham - low fat
- Tuna and salmon for snacks - low fat
I used to eat a healthy meal but then binge on chocolate and crisps leading to 130-150g fat per day as I was never full!!
I also drink 3 ltrs of fluid a day to help my body clear the protein and fat and I also eat cheese and drink semi skim milk to try and stop the reported calcium loss.
Surely this diet is better then what i was eating before??? At the moment I weigh 14st 7lbs and my BMI is 27.6 overweight!! I know if I carried on as before I'd certaintly become obese!! I want to get down to 10st 7lbs.
Is this high protein diet bad???
warwickorbristol
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Drink when you're thirsty not a set amount each day.
Notorious.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Any diet (not just a protein diet) needs to be matched with a very hard working exercise routine in order to be fully effective.

A high protein diet is normally more beneficial when you're working out hard, as your muscles are damaged and need this protein to repair muscles. When you aren't working out and are still using this high protein diet, this protein can turn into fat when not used correctly.

All depends on what your exercise routine is like really.
Jakelee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's only harmful if you're kidneys are already damaged.

Just make sure you get you're fibre or you'll clog up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (368)
37.32%
No - but I will (74)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (69)
7%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (475)
48.17%

Watched Threads