Help with music playlist Watch

Addy88
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi all

I've been looking into how I can mix songs I have in a playlist into each other

for example during the end of the first song of the playlist I want the second song to start playing over just as it ends so it blends together

I've looked on itunes and have tried the crossfade and gapless option but not getting the effect I want.

Its for a party just don't want any gaps between each song just continuous music playing

any help would be greatly appreciated.
LiamTheKook
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Addy88)
Hi all

I've been looking into how I can mix songs I have in a playlist into each other

for example during the end of the first song of the playlist I want the second song to start playing over just as it ends so it blends together

I've looked on itunes and have tried the crossfade and gapless option but not getting the effect I want.

Its for a party just don't want any gaps between each song just continuous music playing

any help would be greatly appreciated.
A possible option you could try is editing the start and end times of songs in the playlist. This can cut out any unwanted silence however depending on the size of your playlist, it could take quite a while to actually do.

Just out of interest, you said you didn't think the crossfade didn't work. For the best results, I find turning the cross fade on to around 10, 11 or 12 seconds. That way near enough all silence is gone.
Addy88
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by LiamTheKook)
A possible option you could try it editing the start and end times of songs in the playlist. This can cut out any unwanted silence however depending on the size of your playlist, it could take quite a while to actually do.

Just out of interest, you said you didn't think the crossfade didn't work. For the best results, I find turning the cross fade on to around 10, 11 or 12 seconds. That way near enough all silence is gone.
Thanks for the reply

I tried the crossfade and played around with it didn't sound great. I managed to find a program that does exactly what I wanted called DJMixPro its simple but great and worked a treat on the night
LiamTheKook
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Addy88)
Thanks for the reply

I tried the crossfade and played around with it didn't sound great. I managed to find a program that does exactly what I wanted called DJMixPro its simple but great and worked a treat on the night
Ah right. iTunes isn't much cop when it comes to editing and such. Glad you found a solution!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (308)
37.47%
No - but I will (64)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (61)
7.42%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (389)
47.32%

Watched Threads