3 months doing nothing :| Watch

birdinthesky
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I finish 6th form at the end of may because I’m starting afresh at college in september, meaning i dont go back for a2 classes.

I need something to do in that time, and getting a job around here is really hard, being 17 and most places arent looking anymore :|.

I could do some work experience or something.

Someone please, if you have any ideas for the next 3 months I will love you for life. I’ve been at home for a day and im already bored as.
tsr_clueless
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
competitive gaming YO / get a gf
birdinthesky
Rep:
?
I'm a girl and i have a boyfriend
meenu89
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by birdinthesky)
I'm a girl and i have a boyfriend
That might put an end to the being 'bored' bit.
senator88
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Get a job?
PapaShmurff
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Decorate? I've been doing sod all since last august now and my house looks brand new :lol:
bananabrain
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
do some voluntary work, or just meet up with your friends more.
birdinthesky
Rep:
?
haha true, but being with each other non stop will drive me insane
And im trying to get a job atm but hardly anywhere is employing :|
soutioirsim
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Definately do some work experience :yep: Just do some researching into places you might want to "try out" then send out a load of CVs and cover letters. Sorted.

...Or just play WoW.
HomeoApathy92
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
research for your new course?
lol on a serious note.. maybe stay with some family for a bit, or yeah take on a new project like decorating
Implo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Work experience sounds good. Get into an mmorpg tbh that eats so much time up, or just get an xbox or something lol, productive wise research on your new course or something.
Lozzo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Get some new hobbies maybe, sports .. Painting..?
ac132
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I finish 6th form at the end of may because I’m starting afresh at college in september, meaning i dont go back for a2 classes.

I need something to do in that time, and getting a job around here is really hard, being 17 and most places arent looking anymore :|.

Someone please, if you have any ideas for the next 3 months I will love you for life. I’ve been at home for a day and im already bored as.
www.reed.co.uk
www.vinspired.com
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/index.htm
AquaDrops
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Charity work?
Genocidal
Badges: 16
Report 7 years ago
Use the time wisely. Don't bother with a job because you will be working for the majority of your natural born life so why waste the free time you do have?
G-STAR01
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Try supermarkets maybe, they usually have some jobs for students around the summer...
x_chichi_x
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think work experience would be best because then you could put it on your UCAS when it's needed. Or like another person said, do some research into the course you would want to do.
DLJ
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I had this problem. Currently on a gap year you see. I kept telling myself that I'm going to get a job and earn some dosh. However, after an enormous amount of attempts at looking for a job I decided to give up and try and get massive.

Hit the gym.
birdinthesky
Rep:
?
okay so ive just applied to do charity work in british heart foundation and lakelands so fingers crossed!
OllyThePhilosopher
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

http://www.cathedralcamps.org.uk/

These are a lot of fun. You spend a week staying near a cathedral and do a bit of preservation work while your there. All the volunteers are between 16 and 25 and you have a lot of free time for social activities to get to know the other vounteers. It's a good opportunity to explore a new part of the country. It's a great thing to have on your CV and you can always go with a few friends. I've been on three now and I've gained a lot from all of them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (541)
37.75%
No - but I will (112)
7.82%
No - I don't want to (96)
6.7%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (684)
47.73%

Watched Threads