From "hench" to more athletic Watch

wikey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Well the purpose of this thread is to motivate myself to stick to a workout program, i have been slacking way too much, but i am once again motivated for gym.

I'm tired of reading all the can i lose or tone without gym blah blah threads.

So this is me proving you can get into good shape with mininmal gym.

The pics attached are of me TODAY

For the next 8 weeks, i will be training in gym 4 times a week (1.5 hours weights + 0.5 hours extreme cardio)

but i will try my hardest to stick to a low calorie diet, with ZERO cheat days

carbs at approx 150grams
protein 200g
fat 25g

(i am not going to make this too complicated)

but i believe just the diet alone should help me have a really good 6 pack in 8 weeks.

I will try to upload new pics every few days.

If anyone else wants to join in feel free and we can all help each other and make this the ultimate 6 pack thread.

EDIT: JUST TOOK 2 MORE PICS TODAY (DAY 3) MAINLY TO PROVE IM NOT A TROLL, HARDLY ANY DIFFERENCE YET PROGRESS WISE

EDIT 2: PIC 5 AND PIC 6 ARE ROUGHLY DAY 11 OR DAY 12, BUT AFTER THAT, I KINDA MESSED UP ON GYM AND DIET FOR ABOUT A WEEK (LONG STORY BRAH). i WAS SLOWLY GETTING BETTER....BUT ILL TRY AND UP SOME MORE IN 2 WEEKS WHICH SHOW ALOT MORE DIFFERENCE
wikey
Rep:
?
and btw i know im not fat, its just that i want a full 6 pack with like no fat on my stomach, which all of you should realise is really hard to do.
tsr_clueless
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by wikey)
and btw i know im not fat, its just that i want a full 6 pack with like no fat on my stomach, which all of you should realise is really hard to do.
solid body fag, would be useful if you noted how you got to where you are now to be honest.

6 pack should be easy if you eat right, starting from a good base lol.. huge arms..

you help me put on mass and i'll give u moral support :O

srsly.. what kind of diet where you on when bulking?? home for summer soon so can lift again, need to sort mine out so lifting isn't pointless.
a_t
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
whats your bench squat and dead?

How tall are you? How much do you weigh?
itrader
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just a bit of advice

you'll need to cut your BF to below 10% minimum.

Need a complex carb deficit looking at your physeque , less than 200g inorder to cut, however will need to supplement with l Glutamine , HMB (to prevent muscle tissue break down) , Creatine, nitric oxide (L arginine) and a multi vitamin like animal pak. (along with general protein...)

I'm 5'10 86kg ( age 18) with 4.9% body fat on an electronic current body fat caluclator, most accurate device. Now i've got a crevis in the middle of abbs , juiced lol

Never been hench just athletic
Arturo Bandini
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by itrader)

Need a complex carb deficit

LOL what does that mean? You poo out more complex carbs than you eat?
tany_rulz786
Badges: 6
Report 7 years ago
Wow i also need to know what you ate to get to where you are now ! And im pretty sure al you need to do is avoud the saturated fats and avoid all sugars ( except pre-workout and post workout) during the day. And still lift heavy with cardio !
wikey
Rep:
?
(Original post by tsr_clueless)
solid body fag, would be useful if you noted how you got to where you are now to be honest.

6 pack should be easy if you eat right, starting from a good base lol.. huge arms..

you help me put on mass and i'll give u moral support :O

srsly.. what kind of diet where you on when bulking?? home for summer soon so can lift again, need to sort mine out so lifting isn't pointless.
in my experience i saw the best results when i was consistent,

i.e I was training early in the mornings (never missed a workout for like a year)

same time of 7am

slept 8 hours everyday

to be honest didnt over eat like most people say you should

i had 2 pasta and chicken or pasta tuna meals a day (100grams pasta per meal) (2 cans of tuna per meal or 300 grams of chicken)

had 500grams of vegetables a day

egg whites now and then

drunk casein shake before bed

had 2 protein shakes a day (1 before 1 after gym)

but to get the higher caloric intake i wouldnt force myself to eat healthy foods instead i would have some chocolate everyday or flapjacks....i love flapjacks

and loads of water

did get abit fat, but put on most of my size this way
itrader
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yes you will need to use more c carbs than you eat... but you won't poo c carbs, you'll either store them as fat or utilise it when exercising or soon after a workout to promote muscle growth and repair.

This all depends in insulin, HGH and Testosterone levels. I don't Study sports etc but my PT tells me these things lol

In contrast my A levels are Physics,Economics, French and politics
Arturo Bandini
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by itrader)
Yes you will need to use more c carbs than you eat... but you won't poo c carbs, you'll either store them as fat or utilise it when exercising or soon after a workout to promote muscle growth and repair.

This all depends in insulin, HGH and Testosterone levels. I don't Study sports etc but my PT tells me these things lol

In contrast my A levels are Physics,Economics, French and politics
Looooooooool
wikey
Rep:
?
(Original post by a_t)
whats your bench squat and dead?

How tall are you? How much do you weigh?
Max bench is 150kg right now....in the past have done 160kg

I have never squatted more then 100kg, usually do supersets on legs and not much leg training at all to be honest, not really a big fan of huge legs.

With deadlifts i never go above 140kg (and only ever do minimal dead lifts), although i think i could probably do 180kg but im scared that one day going for my max on deadlifts i would injure myself, and its not really worth it.

im 5foot 11 i fink..... just under 6 foot

right now i weigh 79kg

i want to try and aim to be really lean and be 74 or 73kg
Jakelee
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Solid upper body brah. If your lats were wider you'd be pretty much set. Nice lifts too.
tsr_clueless
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by wikey)
whats so funny?
once u cut ur bf down a bit, not a girl out there that wont like your body, so dno why he is laughing.

i wouldn't bulk anymore imo, much more and it'll look bad, your arms and chest look pretty massive.

what exercises did you do?? not got your routine to type?

for forearms for example?? what progression did you do.. add 2.5kg each session etc?? or just addly more weight randomly??
wikey
Rep:
?
(Original post by tsr_clueless)
once u cut ur bf down a bit, not a girl out there that wont like your body, so dno why he is laughing.

i wouldn't bulk anymore imo, much more and it'll look bad, your arms and chest look pretty massive.

what exercises did you do?? not got your routine to type?

for forearms for example?? what progression did you do.. add 2.5kg each session etc?? or just addly more weight randomly??
i dont really want to be bigger, just want to look athletic with the size im at.

For foremarms i would say:

DONT USE STRAPS WHEN DOING BACK

use heavy hand grips, twice a week: item number 290561075062 on ebay

these work much better then weights for forearms and make you alot stronger imo

try and work your way up to the 300 one

In general my workouts are just compound movements, but i do them with really good form and go heavy aswell. About 20 sets per body part, making sure i do about 2 or 3 forced reps at the end of EACH SET with some help from a spotter.
Usually do 6-10 reps per set.

Its those forced reps and the diet, that i think is the key to growing in the gym.
MilkshakeSmoothie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by wikey)
Well the purpose of this thread is to motivate myself to stick to a workout program, i have been slacking way too much, but i am once again motivated for gym.

I'm tired of reading all the can i lose or tone without gym blah blah threads.

So this is me proving you can get into good shape with mininmal gym.

The pics attached are of me TODAY

For the next 8 weeks, i will be training in gym 4 times a week (1.5 hours weights + 0.5 hours extreme cardio)

but i will try my hardest to stick to a low calorie diet, with ZERO cheat days

carbs at approx 150grams
protein 200g
fat 25g

(i am not going to make this too complicated)

but i believe just the diet alone should help me have a really good 6 pack in 8 weeks.

I will try to upload new pics every few days.

If anyone else wants to join in feel free and we can all help each other and make this the ultimate 6 pack thread.
Wait, so does 4 times a week each at 2 hours count as minimal? :confused:
malaikah
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What's your body fat percentage atm? Will probably help you so you can plan- you'll need around single digit body fat if you want a solid six pack.
Also, if you go by a strict diet, a cheat day every week or every two weeks will do you more good! It'll ensure your fat loss doesn't plateau
StressReliever
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There is no point going for a low calorie diet, you'll end up compromising lean tissue. Just eat approx 500 cals below maintenance. You also need a lot more fat, 25g is nowhere near enough. And more carbs as well if doing extreme cardio. Something like:

Carbs 220g
Protein 175g
Fats 75g
Arturo Bandini
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by StressReliever)
There is no point going for a low calorie diet, you'll end up compromising lean tissue. Just eat approx 500 cals below maintenance. You also need a lot more fat, 25g is nowhere near enough. And more carbs as well if doing extreme cardio. Something like:

Carbs 220g
Protein 175g
Fats 75g
So, 500 below maintenance isn't a low calorie diet?

:holmes:
StressReliever
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Arturo Bandini)
So, 500 below maintenance isn't a low calorie diet?

:holmes:
500 cals below maintenance is pretty standard. OP probably burns close 3000 cals a day yet wants to restrict himself to less than 2000 calories.....
Arturo Bandini
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by StressReliever)
500 cals below maintenance is pretty standard. OP probably burns close 3000 cals a day yet wants to restrict himself to less than 2000 calories.....
Pretty standard for a low calorie diet, yeah.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.8%
No - but I will (102)
7.68%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (633)
47.67%

Watched Threads