Are you getting work experience this sumer? (Year 13/Upper 6th) Watch

soutioirsim
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
So basically I'm in my final year of 6th form and I'm not sure whether to try and get work experience for this summer. I know it's a bit late but I'm trying to make a decision.

I'm not sure whether to try get another week placement or just chill and enjoy summer before I head off to uni. It's my last "proper" summer with my mates from school so I don't want to miss out on anything but then I don't want to waste time either :confused:

...What's everyone else doing?
MutantGecko
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
im not a year 13, but im in my final btec year (doing fashion) and iv recently secured some work experience in london at a fashion accessory company, where i will be doing marketing /advertising, sending samples to clients, and best of all helping out at exhibitions in Paris, Milan, and New York.

i went for my interview the other day, and expected them to have forgotten about me / not know who i was but the owner of the company answered the door and said "you must be sophie "

IM SO EXCITED!
soutioirsim
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by MutantGecko)
im not a year 13, but im in my final btec year (doing fashion) and iv recently secured some work experience in london at a fashion accessory company, where i will be doing marketing /advertising, sending samples to clients, and best of all helping out at exhibitions in Paris, Milan, and New York.

i went for my interview the other day, and expected them to have forgotten about me / not know who i was but the owner of the company answered the door and said "you must be sophie "

IM SO EXCITED!
That sounds lush, do they pay for you to go to all those places as well?
KJane
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have to do work experience or voluntary work, but that's a requirement of a Queen's Award that I'm working towards as part of my youth group. Otherwise I'd be focusing on part time work until University.

But if you think it'll be helpful in the long run OP, then go for it, I mean we get like 2-3 months off anyway after exams. Plus my Bio teacher was like 'First 2-3 months of Uni are a doss anyway, so you really get like 6 months of being lazy.'
Glen_Nichols
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A 3 month ****.
kerily
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'll be hanging onto one of my current jobs, while the other will dry up - it's tutoring and nobody will want tutoring over the summer. I'll also be looking for a full-time job in a supermarket or something.

**** work experience, I just need some money so I can afford to eat next year :dontknow:
MutantGecko
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by soutioirsim)
That sounds lush, do they pay for you to go to all those places as well?
yeahh its all expenses paid, although im not getting any money
AkeenaMatata
Badges: 0
Report 7 years ago
I've been trying to get work experience this summer, I applied to quite a few publishing houses (it's want I want to do as a career) but they all haven't replied so I'm assuming I've been rejected! -_- Then my mother had a go at me since I'll end up spending 3 months of summer doing nothing. So yesterday I was forced to submit a work experience application to my local newspaper therefore I'll either have a large chunk of my summer taken away from me or I won't.

In my opinion, you should apply for work experience especially if you want to.

If I don't get any work experience i'm just going to make the most of it with my friends since this is our last summer before uni as well!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (571)
37.71%
No - but I will (119)
7.86%
No - I don't want to (109)
7.2%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (715)
47.23%

Watched Threads