The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Politics at royal holloway.. entry requirement Q!

As the post suggests i want to apply for RH, for undergraduate politics, and as it stands i'm a little worried about how my overall grade profile will look.

GCSEs: A*A*A*AAABBBC - so the C sticks out like a sore thumb lol..

I only do 3 AS levels.. history, politics and English lit . In the modules i have done i am sitting on 2 high A grades... but what i do want to know is will the lack of a 4th and my general gcse grades put me at a disadvantage..

what do you think of these options
*taking up a 4th AS level (in september) alongside my 3 alevels.. (however will RH take into account the 4th seeing as i wont have had any modular results in it )

or

*hope for the best

brutal honesty needed here, do i have a chance and i'm being alarmist or is my grade profile kind of weak..
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
dont worry about your GCSE results at all - they're more than fine and dont really count anyway.

Its best to get 3 decent a levels than stretch yourself and take on another AS, especially given you have a good combination for the course!

hope this puts your mind at rest a bit!
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by dmoorcroft
dont worry about your GCSE results at all - they're more than fine and dont really count anyway.

Its best to get 3 decent a levels than stretch yourself and take on another AS, especially given you have a good combination for the course!

hope this puts your mind at rest a bit!

really does ! thank you :smile:
Reply 3
Sounds like you'll be fine to me. They're more concerned as to whether or not you've got a genuine interest in the subject, so make sure that comes across in your personal statement. Talk about what interests you and have a look at the syllabus. First year mainly covers Government, International Relations and Political Philosophy so mention those and you'll be fine!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending