Modern Languages / Modern Language Studies University of Leicester 2011/2012 Watch

jellybaby3
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Just so as I don't feel alone & because I haven't found a thread similar to this, I thought I'd start my own. Title is self explanatory, anyone doing languages at Leicester Uni next year feel free to post stuff
L3ann3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi, I'm a third year French and Italian student at the university and I'm currently on my year abroad so if you have any questions just ask!!
MMHD
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Heyy firmed Leicester so hopefully see you in October! Got my french oral tomorrow so should probs be revising right now :P What languages you hoping to study? I've applied for French, Spanish Beginners and English
Lekker
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by L3ann3)
Hi, I'm a third year French and Italian student at the university and I'm currently on my year abroad so if you have any questions just ask!!
Hey Hey Hey, I'm an AS student at the moment... thinking about going to a Leicester open day. At the moment am thinking about doing Spanish and Italian degree. Not entirely decided yet. Did you start Italian from scratch in your first year? would you recommend at all?
L3ann3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lekker)
Hey Hey Hey, I'm an AS student at the moment... thinking about going to a Leicester open day. At the moment am thinking about doing Spanish and Italian degree. Not entirely decided yet. Did you start Italian from scratch in your first year? would you recommend at all?
Well I did GCSE Italian before I went to Leicester but because I would've been the only one doing then intermediate level I went back and recapped in the Beginners Italian class. I would definitely recommend it. I wouldn't change anything within my degree. It is intense the first year but you cover nearly all the grammar and vocabulary topics. You do 4 hours a week which comprises all 4 areas. Good luck with you As/A-levels. If you have any questions just ask!!
Lekker
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by L3ann3)
Well I did GCSE Italian before I went to Leicester but because I would've been the only one doing then intermediate level I went back and recapped in the Beginners Italian class. I would definitely recommend it. I wouldn't change anything within my degree. It is intense the first year but you cover nearly all the grammar and vocabulary topics. You do 4 hours a week which comprises all 4 areas. Good luck with you As/A-levels. If you have any questions just ask!!
That does sound really good! thanks for the info
Hows your year abroad going?
when you say four hours a week, is that just for Italian or for both languages?
And thanks for the luck
L3ann3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lekker)
That does sound really good! thanks for the info
Hows your year abroad going?
when you say four hours a week, is that just for Italian or for both languages?
And thanks for the luck
The year abroad is going fantastically, I literally don't want to leave. I have just over 4 weeks left here before I go home and I'll be so upset when I have to start saying goodbye to everyone. In first year it was 4 hours a week Italian language and the 2 hours a week on a culture module and then for your other language as well: so many hours language and so many hours culture.
jellybaby3
Rep:
?
(Original post by MMHD)
Heyy firmed Leicester so hopefully see you in October! Got my french oral tomorrow so should probs be revising right now :P What languages you hoping to study? I've applied for French, Spanish Beginners and English
Awesome. I hope your French oral went well, I've had Spanish & French hence the slow reply. I'm going to be doing French, Spanish & Italian beginners
MMHD
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jellybaby3)
Awesome. I hope your French oral went well, I've had Spanish & French hence the slow reply. I'm going to be doing French, Spanish & Italian beginners
Ooh, good to hear someone else doing languages :P Always seems tricky finding other people doing them!

My speaking went ok thanks Hope yours have been ok! Always the worst part I find!
MMHD
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Haha just realised this was the languages page so i was obviously going to find others doing languages haha On the open day I made a friend who is planning to do Spanish and English and she is lovely so I'm dead excited about going to Leicester!
jellybaby3
Rep:
?
(Original post by MMHD)
Haha just realised this was the languages page so i was obviously going to find others doing languages haha On the open day I made a friend who is planning to do Spanish and English and she is lovely so I'm dead excited about going to Leicester!
Haha yeah does kind of do what it says on the tin (or in this case the thread) :P Awesome, I'm really looking forward to it now, it's gonna be amazing!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• De Montfort University
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 5 Jun '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
38.82%
No - but I will (46)
6.76%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.5%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (319)
46.91%

Watched Threads